Is he lying about my shoes?????

ellasdaddy

Guest Magnetic6
Your hubbie is right. My wife also has the same problem, I mean has a lot of shoes. There is something on DIACs website that says that you are only allowed to bring in 10 pairs as a migrant and not allowed to buy any more unless you get citizenship. Feel sorry for the 457 visa holders. As they are on a temp visa they are only allowed to bring in 5 pairs!

May I suggest that you put the other 290 pairs on Ebay and spend the money you get for them on a big flat screen for your hubby.

JOHN

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest soon2move

hi there - this is quite an amusing post...i wonder whether your husbands are having you on...however i'm like the husband in this scenario - my OH has more boxed, nicer i might add, shoes than I do!! How is this possible you ask....well he was lucky enough to have worked for a rather swanky designer brand in London so got an amazing clothing allowance...and a great wardrobe to go with it. Whereas mine has no comparison :cry:...anyhow...we have just had our shipment cleared and they didn't say they had any problems with the shoes :wink:

So it maybe true to a degree...but I wonder whether they just want to get rid of your beautiful shoe collections :policeman:

One come back though is that it is pretty common (dependant on your budget/size of house) to have walk in robes here so you could say 'darling there will be plenty of room for storage'....my OHs shoes will take over our 'shared' wardrobe. :wink:

Carolann, just tell him that if you have to leave behind all your lovely shoes, he'll understand if you have to go shopping to replace them all at this end...i guarantee he will scrub them all himself and pack them like the precious cargo they are :wubclub::laugh:

Sue x

lol lol ladies

I wonder if you could turn a walk in wardrobe into a walk in shoe wardrobe ????? he could put all his stuff in drawers hehe

I listed a few pairs on ebay last night :-( but i fully intend on replacing them when we get out their

Guest soon2move
lol lol ladies

I wonder if you could turn a walk in wardrobe into a walk in shoe wardrobe ????? he could put all his stuff in drawers hehe

I listed a few pairs on ebay last night :-( but i fully intend on replacing them when we get out their

Just a bit of a heads up, not sure where you are going ( we are in WA) but the shoe choice isn't as good as the UK, nor as cheap for what you get. If you can keep hold of them - assuming you really like them - I would, as you may not be able to get as good ones here.

take as many shoes as you want as there are many uses for them;

1) drink champagne from, when you arrive.

2) use as wedges to keep doors open on a hot day.

3) great for whacking spiders with :)

4) if someone's getting on your nerves use the famous quote "walk a mile in my shoes!" that will get them 300 miles away!

5) if you wanna go home put a pair on a click 'em together, there must be a ruby pair in there somewhere!

all the best :)

Archived