pregnant daughter can't book a flight!

Stellathedog

Any comments?

My daughter is pregnant, her baby is due in 5 weeks time.

She and her husband want to bring him back to UK in November to see all the families here, but she can't book the flights because she doesn't know baby's date of birth!

Surely there is some way of them booking now, as the prices are rising rapidly.

I'm going out to see him in September, so I'm alright Jack!

Any ideas anyone? Maybe the ever helpful Nigel?

Cheers Pam

Can you just add the baby onto the tickets after the baby is born? Book the flights for the adults, and then after the baby is born, ring the airline and add the bubba.

Maybe ring the airline, and ask if you can do that... see, baby tickets don't fluctuate in price - they're usually about 150 quid or so.

Guest soon2move

we did this recently - i'm due in 3 weeks time, we just booked the flights in our name without baby, then contacted the airline and they said to let them know when the babys born and they will add him onto the booking. Shouldnt be a problem as the baby doesn't require a fare or a seat. good luck with it.

we did this recently - i'm due in 3 weeks time, we just booked the flights in our name without baby, then contacted the airline and they said to let them know when the babys born and they will add him onto the booking. Shouldnt be a problem as the baby doesn't require a fare or a seat. good luck with it.

Thanks soon2move and 603304529

They have booked flights for themselves now, with Emirates, with 30kg baggage allowance!

Might not need that allowance on the way out, but will on the way back with an abundance of baby clothes! Prices are so high out there for 'stuff' that only fits for a few weeks/months.

Again thanks for your replies and good luck soon2move in 3 weeks time!

Pam

ps. not totally sure, but I think you still have to pay a fare for the baby, although it won't have a seat. Might be worth checking?

Archived