Plumbing experience needed for TRA

Guest Richard & Andrea

Guest Richard & Andrea

Hi all,

I have 3 years plumbing and gas engineering - is this enough for TRA acceptance?

Richard

Just been reading one of your other threads and maybe you could apply with your OH's skills instead. Strongly suggest you get a free assessment from one of the migration agents (plenty of them offer this) and have a chat, they will at least be able to confirm one way or the other regarding your OH's skills but l do know that 6 yrs is whats required for plumbers.

Very very best of luck though

Lyn and Sean

Guest leedschick

i am in a posistion where i have 6 years experience as plumber but no recognised papers. i know my job and with out sounding smug am a half decent plumber but am really worried all i will have is a referance from my current employer is this going to be enough to land a job in oz? we have sent our tra skills off as we are going on the missus's teaching skills and am running out of time to gain any qualifacations heeeeeeeeeeeelp! and i really cant spell sorry.

i am in a posistion where i have 6 years experience as plumber but no recognised papers. i know my job and with out sounding smug am a half decent plumber but am really worried all i will have is a referance from my current employer is this going to be enough to land a job in oz? we have sent our tra skills off as we are going on the missus's teaching skills and am running out of time to gain any qualifacations heeeeeeeeeeeelp! and i really cant spell sorry.

Hi

Get the reference from your current employer have your worked with him for the six years? if not then try and get references from the other jobs that you have done whilst Plumbing. You should be ok to get work, as long as you have a few references behind you to say how good your work is and reliable etc...

You could always go to college when you get to Oz if you want qualifications behind you. To be honest I would have thought you could walk onto a building site and see if they need your trade, I know my cousin did this with his trade and hasn't got formal qualifications and got a job easy, his Australian and his employer is Irish.

Gd Luck

Guest leedschick

thanks for the info i feel alot calmer now.i have been working wih the same company for 6 years just a small family business my boss has said he will give me a good reference stating all the work i am capable of doing i just hope this will be enough. does anyone know anything about the plumbing scene in oz?

I gained my Provisional licence For QLD and all they wanted to see was my City & Guilds. But my guess is you may have to do a Full collage course. Hear is the number below for the Plumbers and Drainers board QLD Diffrent states may be diffrent but it will give you an idea. Call them and talk to them they are quit easy. A Indian fella may answer he is quite hard to understand so try till you get an Australian.

0061 73254149

Good luck John

Archived