Employer sponsored visa question

ayatollah

Hi guys. Got back from some time away in Hobart in March there and we loved it.

While I was over I was also offered a job and they offered to sponsor my visa. So I said I'd leave it a couple of months before talking to my wife about it, to allow the holiday feeling to die off.

So I am going to begin the conversations with my wife, trying to convince her to move, shortly. Before I do I'd like to know what the visa application will cost us, as I was a bit confused by the Australia IMMI site Employer Sponsored Permanent Visa Charges

On this it says $445 for ENS nomination, then a 1st installment of $1705 for application outside Australia. However, the 2nd installment is what confuses me. Does it apply in my case? It seems to only apply to people with poor English, which is certainly not my case.

Also, what is the typical timeline for this type of visa to be granted? I read somewhere 2-8 months is the expected time. And how long do you have to move over after the visa is granted?

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Hello There,

The 2nd VAC is only for those who do not meet the English language requirements. If you hold a British passport then this does not apply. For an ENS visa you are required to have your skills assessed. I suggest that you contact a Migration Consultant and find out the lay of the land.

Regards

Guest Mikekat

The $445 is what your employer pays to nominate you. An offshore ENS will cost you $1705, and an Onshore costs $2525.

We applied onshore, as it worked out cheaper for us as a family, not having to leave Australia in order for the visa to be granted.

Yes the visa does include your wife and any children.

Guest guest17520

You will also need to get medicals done (which are expensive) and police checks for any country you have spent more than 12 months in.

Archived