Returning Home & Spouse Visa

Guest guest41161

Guest guest41161

Hi all,

After 7 years in Brisbane, we are considering a return back home. No real dramas, but has anyone done this with an Australian wife (gotta be someone!)?

Our little girl is 2 and has a UK passport due to me, but my wife is Australian. What are the pitfalls of getting said visa? I have had a look at the forms, and they ask for a letter from family offering us somewhere to stay (not a problem, but seems stupid as we will find our own place). Also they ask for 3 months bank statements to show savings. What sort of figure are we required to have showing in the bank? This last point is the scarey part, as we tend to live month to month on our salaries, but would have no trouble getting the cash together for the move. Just unsure if we can get $00000's in there for months.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

My Aussie husband got his 'right to remain' visa in January. I think it took about a month or so in all, but we put together a huge portfolio. Cost just over $1000. Advice I'd been given was overload them with info about yourselves. Our container arrives Thursday, which we're self-packing; we're leaving on Sunday and going back to Staffordshire.

Good luck with the visa app!

Lesley

Archived