Help wanted on areas in Perth SOR

General67

We are looking at a couple of properties SOR, one in a place called Success and one in Port Kennedy. Any advice on the High schools / TAFE close by and what the general areas are like would be greatly appreciated.

The Booths: :confused:

Guest trudie
We are looking at a couple of properties SOR, one in a place called Success and one in Port Kennedy. Any advice on the High schools / TAFE close by and what the general areas are like would be greatly appreciated.

The Booths: :confused:

we Live in Atwell and soon to be Aubin Grove if you are looking at Success you have the option of Atwell College which is reletively new for a high school, you also have Emmanuelle college just of beeliar drive which also good. depending on what doing at tafe you have one between there and Freo bus links are really good. you have a great train link there too get you to and from the city!! making more TAFE and university options available.

Primary schools are around too plenty to choose from not sure of catchments as we use atwell primary and college at present and to be honest have no complaints with either. If you are looking at success make sure that you try and get further away from the shopping centre if at all possible only to avoid traffic esp on sat and thursday night. The Gate is nice for a meal or sunday afternoon drinks too! success 10 min drive to coogee beach Not sure on the schools for port kennedy but i do have friends in that area again shops are close and you have the beach not far train links into warnbro so still accessible. if you are looking at work depending where you need to be to travel should take you areound 35 -40 mins to the city from port keenedy and 15 20 mins on the train from success.

hope this helps you!!

Trudie

The address that we are looking at is Willerin Loop backing onto Thompson lake.We have 2 boys aged 16&17 so need to find something to keep them occupied... Have tried Google Earth but it does not seem to be up to date, so any further information regarding sports clubs/Golf courses etc would be brilliant, we have to make a decision fairly quickly as we emigrate in June!!!

Thank you for taking the time to reply:hug:

The address that we are looking at is Willerin Loop backing onto Thompson lake.We have 2 boys aged 16&17 so need to find something to keep them occupied... Have tried Google Earth but it does not seem to be up to date, so any further information regarding sports clubs/Golf courses etc would be brilliant, we have to make a decision fairly quickly as we emigrate in June!!!

Thank you for taking the time to reply:hug:

If you are rentin you have to physically view thge place and bung your form in or have a proxy , choosing without looking could land you in the proverbial, real life and tinternet dont always appear the same

I'm coming across to join RAN, so have been offered the house as service accommodation. Just trying to find out whether to wait and see what else comes up or if this is all good then go for this one. My choices will be limited as it depends on what housing the DHA have available.

I'm coming across to join RAN, so have been offered the house as service accommodation. Just trying to find out whether to wait and see what else comes up or if this is all good then go for this one. My choices will be limited as it depends on what housing the DHA have available.

Don`t forget you can also find your own rental and RAN will pay (if not all) then a good portion of it. We live in Port Kennedy, whereabouts in PK were you looking? we have good bus service and rail links (about every half hour into Rockingham or down to Mandurah - train line goes from Mandurah to Perth, nearest station is Warnbro), Aqua Jetty (swim pool/ leisure centre- though the pool on the island is pretty nice - and free!) plenty of local shops, Golf Course, Rugby & Football clubs, plus the surf beach down at Secret Harbour.

have you been on www.aussiemove.com gives you a bit of info on schools and area's , i would not say where to live but i would think port kennedy would offer more things to do , success is a nice new estate but not much around it (but nearer to perth city) , i find personally. great shopping center ! its hard to choose isn't it .. all the best try this site

http://www.nearmap.com/welcome.aspx

Guest flo&mags

Port Kennedy is OK really - right on the beach. TAFE is just a bus ride away at the other end of Rockingham. Rockingham itself is nice the shopping centre is enough & the train is perfect for the city life.

Have PM'd you so please don't hesitate to ask us more questions. If we can help we will.

Flo & MAgs

Archived