Comparing UK Quals to Aussie ones

Lynandsean

l would like to alter m OH's cv to make it more aussie friendly and therefore want to put a note against his uk qualifications to show the equivalent in aussie terms.

l have registered on the australian government - country education profile site (paid small fee for this too) but either its not helping much or l cant work it out :unsure:

It shows all the UK qualifications past and present (including OH's) but no comparison.

We have our visa, therefore TRA bit also and queensland plumbers and drainers board confirmed he would automatically qualify for provisional licence (without test apparently?)

Can anyone offer any advice on where else to look, if l'm doing it wrong (quite likely) etc

Lyn :wideeyed:

Guest fatpom
l would like to alter m OH's cv to make it more aussie friendly and therefore want to put a note against his uk qualifications to show the equivalent in aussie terms.

l have registered on the australian government - country education profile site (paid small fee for this too) but either its not helping much or l cant work it out :unsure:

It shows all the UK qualifications past and present (including OH's) but no comparison.

We have our visa, therefore TRA bit also and queensland plumbers and drainers board confirmed he would automatically qualify for provisional licence (without test apparently?)

Can anyone offer any advice on where else to look, if l'm doing it wrong (quite likely) etc

Lyn :wideeyed:

My trade quals were verified by the mob who issue ARTC's. My HNC was verified by the NSW Dept of Education & another higher qual was verified by NOOSR. NOOSR took about about 8-10 months, the other mobs issued verifying certs/docs immediately.

To the best of my recollection we found their offices, turned up with the certs & passport for ID. They took them into the back room & ten minutes later came out with verification certs stating their australian equivalence.

I now know for certain that doing this got me a job within a couple of weeks when jobs here weren't quite as easy as today. Another pom applied for a job at the same place a couple of years later & told them he had NVQ 4. At that time I didn't know what that was so the MD disregarded his application... it went straight into the 'too hard basket'.

Archived