At last!!!!

Mike@Bonbeach

:jiggy::jiggy:

Hi everyone

Yesterday we had confirmation that our CPvisa had been granted.It's been a long old wait since our application was acknowledged in April 2006 but at last it's here. Our passports are at this moment winging their way down to London for evidencing.

The flat is sold-we hand over on 21 June,the removallers are here on the 19th,the car is sold and we have provisionally booked our flights for the 3rd July. All we want now is the exchange rate to improve.

Just a bit of info on the flights. We had been looking at Emirates via MovingPlanet (50kgs and all that) but we decided to see what Travelmood could do for us.It turned out they were about £300 cheaper(Emirates business)and included 3 nights accomodation in Melbourne in the price.(Only 40kgs allowance each but we can live with that).

It's been great reading all your comments and experiences on this site and look forward to any future meets in the Melbourne area.

Good luck to all you waiting...it happens in the end.

Mike and Connie.:jiggy::jiggy:

Huge congratulations Mike and Connie, that really is wonderful news and it really is full steam ahead, you are amazingly organised!

Thanks for the info re flights that is very useful!

Enjoy your new life and keep posting from the other side!

Lyn x

Guest Davidgolf

HI MIKE AND CONNIE

WELL DONE ON GETTING YOU VISA, GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL IN YOUR NEW LIFE IN OZ.

SHARON:wubclub::wubclub:

Guest clayton gang

Hi everyone

Yesterday we had confirmation that our CPvisa had been granted.It's been a long old wait since our application was acknowledged in April 2006 but at last it's here. Our passports are at this moment winging their way down to London for evidencing.

Hi Connie and Mike

Congratulations and have a wonderful life in Aus

Jenny:)

Guest The.Colebecks

WooHoo! CONGRATULATIONS Mike & Connie :yes:

All the best in your new life downunder.

Karen xx

Guest cazbeckham

Mike & Connie

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING YOUR VISA

HAVE A GREAT LIFE DOWN UNDER.

Caz

Guest suerem

Hello Mike and Connie

New member yesterday. Congratulations and good luck.

I am hoping to apply for a CP 143 visa soon. My daughter is already an Australian Citizen and has just had my first grandson on Australia Day this year. My only other child, my son, is in the process of getting a skilled visa and is waiting for his police check to come through.

Are there any tips you can give me? Did you apply for the temporary CP or the permanent CP? What are the advantages/disadvantages of both? Did you do it on your own or through an Agent. Was the Assurance of Support a problem?

I amd 61 now and retired and can't wait to babysit!

Susan

Hi everyone

The flat is sold-we hand over on 21 June,the removallers are here on the 19th,the car is sold and we have provisionally booked our flights for the 3rd July. All we want now is the exchange rate to improve.

Just a bit of info on the flights. We had been looking at Emirates via MovingPlanet (50kgs and all that) but we decided to see what Travelmood could do for us.It turned out they were about £300 cheaper(Emirates business)and included 3 nights accomodation in Melbourne in the price.(Only 40kgs allowance each but we can live with that).

It's been great reading all your comments and experiences on this site and look forward to any future meets in the Melbourne area.

Good luck to all you waiting...it happens in the end.

Mike and Connie.:jiggy::jiggy:

Guest newnico

Hi, Mike and Connie

Wonderful news! So pleased for you. Maybe we can meet up in Melbourne when I get there at the end of November? You'll be well settled by then. Hope it all goes really smoothly from now on. I'll be very interested to hear how it goes.

All the best

Nico

Dear all

Many thanks for all your good wishes,we hope it all works out for all of you.

For Suerem

We decided to go for the full CPvisa,mainly because that would mean we were fully committed to the move. Each year the 2nd Visa application charge goes up in July I think,it was about 17Kau$ when we applied,it is now over 19K,so it's going up quite substantially each year.

We did it through an agent(OE in Edinburgh) who were very good but on reflection the information we supplied them we could have supplied direct to DIMA and saved ourselves £2000 pounds.There are some very knowledgable people here on this site,so if you did it yourself and got stuck you would always get help here. One thing I did find was that our agent kept saying don't ring or email POPC,but we did and found them very receptive,especially once we had been allocated a case officer.

Hope this helps.

For Newnico

Keep in touch ,hopefully see you in Melbourne later in the year

All the best everyone

Mike and Connie.:spinny::yes::biglaugh:

Suerem

Missed out the bit about Assurance of Support,our son and his wife jointly sponsored us as his wages were on the borderline. I think the level required is about 45,000 au$ not sure whether that's nett or gross so Gary took Lu along with him and their joint incomes more than satisfied Centrelink.

Guest suerem

Mike and Connie

Thanks for the reply. I thought that for the Assurance of Support you had to put down a lump sum of about £7000 which they kept for 10 years. Is it an alternative that your sponsor/sponsors only have to prove that they earn an X amount of money per year?

I also will be in the Melbourne area. My daughter lives in McCrae on the Mornington Peninsula.

Susan

Suerem

Missed out the bit about Assurance of Support,our son and his wife jointly sponsored us as his wages were on the borderline. I think the level required is about 45,000 au$ not sure whether that's nett or gross so Gary took Lu along with him and their joint incomes more than satisfied Centrelink.

Guest barbara townend

Congratulations Mike and Connie,

Im green with envy but am so happy for you, its gives the rest of us hope when someone we feel we know gets their visa so well done you!

Update on my CPV. Acknowledged 18th September, 2006 and was told to expect CO this month or next. Anyway decided to frontload pcc's and e mailed it to them yesterday and asked at the same time what the timeline is now. They sent me 5 emails back 4 saying I cant frontload my pc by e mail and they want the original and also that they are currently allocating cased from the 3rd week of July and they cant give me an exact date but it would be a couple of months yet! Then I got an e mail to say they will attach my e mail and attachments to my file and will contact me again when I get a CO so I still dont know if they accept PC's by e mail!! Anyway Ive decided to send the original as requested just in case.

So anyone out there from the 3rd week in July 2006 good luck and anyone after hang in there well be joining Mike and Connie soon good luck in your new life you lucky devils.

Regards Barbara

Mike and Connie

Thanks for the reply. I thought that for the Assurance of Support you had to put down a lump sum of about £7000 which they kept for 10 years. Is it an alternative that your sponsor/sponsors only have to prove that they earn an X amount of money per year?

I also will be in the Melbourne area. My daughter lives in McCrae on the Mornington Peninsula.

Susan

Suerem

Yes you're quite right,your sponsor does still have to pay the bond but he/she is also expected to be earning around 45,000au$,not absolutely sure about the figure but that is the ballpark figure.

Check out www.centrelink.gov.au ,should have all the up to date figures.

Mike and Connie.

Archived