Yorky Puds:D

Briggy

Does any one have a recipie for yorky puds. That will rise:)

I have made them the same way for years then when I make them here they go flat.

So someone sugested using self raisng flour, so tried that and it came out like a cake.

Don't ask how much flour and stuff I put in cos I've always thrown it in, but has always worked till now.

Cheers Brig x:wubclub:

I don't have the answer as I have the same problem here. I mentioned this to some Australian friends who said they add iced water?? and never have a problem. Is it the flour here as I have lived in Asia for years and had no problem there. I think Aunt Bessy's frozen ones another solution!!!!!

I don't have the answer as I have the same problem here. I mentioned this to some Australian friends who said they add iced water?? and never have a problem. Is it the flour here as I have lived in Asia for years and had no problem there. I think Aunt Bessy's frozen ones another solution!!!!!

yeah, but don't like aunt bessies:(

Like home made one's HUGE one's. ha ha.

My son always said back home if there frozen forget it, he would only eat home made ones. Like's his mum's cooking ha ha.

Lets hope someone can come on and give us some advice.:yes:

Brig x

Mums always used to have half an inch of batter at the bottom with a bit of crispy on top. Sadly I can never make them like she did I could happily eat a whole plate (12 little ones) of them with homemade gravy and blackberry vinegar nom, nom, nom.

Apparently to do them right (my nans way) make the batter nice and early and leave it to sit for an hour or 2 then get the lard in the tins nice and hot, batter in straight into a hot oven & don't open it till they're cooked

I think its more method than recipe

Mums always used to have half an inch of batter at the bottom with a bit of crispy on top. Sadly I can never make them like she did I could happily eat a whole plate (12 little ones) of them with homemade gravy and blackberry vinegar nom, nom, nom.

Apparently to do them right (my nans way) make the batter nice and early and leave it to sit for an hour or 2 then get the lard in the tins nice and hot, batter in straight into a hot oven & don't open it till they're cooked

I think its more method than recipe

Yum yum:D

yeah leave my mix to sit and then heat lard till smoking hot. Still no luck:(:cry:

xx

Guest proud2beaussie

Secret is to use good quality plain flour (White Wings is good) ,don't overbeat the mixture;let it sit for a good hour before cooking and DON"T mix it again after letting it sit otherwise you will get heavy yorkies.always use smoking hot oil as well,they should come out light and fluffy.

I use this recipe:

4 ounces of flour.

300ml milk.

Pinch of salt

2 eggs.

Sift the flour and salt into a bowl,make a well in the centre,add one egg at a time,then half the milk,mix then add the other egg and rest of the milk,beat well and leave to stand.

Secret is to use good quality plain flour (White Wings is good) ,don't overbeat the mixture;let it sit for a good hour before cooking and DON"T mix it again after letting it sit otherwise you will get heavy yorkies.always use smoking hot oil as well,they should come out light and fluffy.

I use this recipe:

4 ounces of flour.

300ml milk.

Pinch of salt

2 eggs.

Sift the flour and salt into a bowl,make a well in the centre,add one egg at a time,then half the milk,mix then add the other egg and rest of the milk,beat well and leave to stand.

Oh thankyou:D

Will try this on the weekend.

You might just have saved my puds, thankyou.

Will let ya know what happens.:hug:

brig x

Does any one have a recipie for yorky puds. That will rise:)

I have made them the same way for years then when I make them here they go flat.

So someone sugested using self raisng flour, so tried that and it came out like a cake.

Don't ask how much flour and stuff I put in cos I've always thrown it in, but has always worked till now.

Cheers Brig x:wubclub:

google delia smiths online yorkshire puds have you tried them, my sister made them when she came ot visit, lovely. I have never been able to make yorkshire puds, even in England.

google delia smiths online yorkshire puds have you tried them, my sister made them when she came ot visit, lovely. I have never been able to make yorkshire puds, even in England.

Aw bless, anthing is worth a go, will have a look:D Thank you:D

can't be doing cake Yorkie puds, any more YUK!!

brig:wubclub:

Guest natma1

I cheat and go to the English Store and by the Goldenfry Yorkshire Pudding packet mix, so if at first you don't succeed........CHEAT i say :wink:

I cheat and go to the English Store and by the Goldenfry Yorkshire Pudding packet mix, so if at first you don't succeed........CHEAT i say :wink:

Ah ha you've been sused now:D You ikkle cheater:yes:

naughty naughty:D

What ever floats your boat or pudding.

Everyone is gonna know, your ikkle secret is out:D

Brig x:laugh:

I've never measured ingreiants. I just throw it in and mix it. But I've also always used 1/2 water 1/2 milk and my Yorkshires always rise. But I'll update this post when I first try and make em in Australia... August 16th and we is off :biggrin:

I've never measured ingreiants. I just throw it in and mix it. But I've also always used 1/2 water 1/2 milk and my Yorkshires always rise. But I'll update this post when I first try and make em in Australia... August 16th and we is off :biggrin:

Someone like myself, throw it in and hope for the best. 9 times out of 10 they are brill.

OOO good luck with your journey hope all goes well for you.

Cheers Brig :wubclub:

I use this recipe:

4 ounces of flour.

300ml milk.

Pinch of salt

2 eggs.

Didn't know you were a chef as well as being such a help on all things travel. What a star.

Thought it might be the flour, will definitely give yours a try, and also add some cold water next time. Thanks, M

Archived