New skills list to be announced in may 2010

Guest Birdiesinoz

Lucysdream, I guess saving the visa application fee is a positive...I'm still losing on the IELTS fee (meant to have in the morning) & the skills assessment. Not to mention the emotional loss :-(

Good luck to you too, sorry it turned out this way but when one door closes another one opens...I believe that to be true

xx

I too believe that and I pray everything will be fine. Just dont take the stress, believe me it is not worth it for your health. There will be some way and the only thing we need is to figure it out...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck Claire - we are just getting our agent to lodge our application now. We literally have 2.5 hrs to do this. Its a risk but at this stage its one taking. Good luck and lets just hope ACT come back soon with sponsorship grants :)

Thanks Suzanne. Just spent the past 3.5 hours submitting online and just this minute submitted. It has been a fraught few hours, we have filed our paperwork away as everything had gone to agent!

My partner came home from work and we have both been digging out paperwork / trying to find everything.

I truly hope you get yours in on time.

Claire

Thanks Suzanne. Just spent the past 3.5 hours submitting online and just this minute submitted. It has been a fraught few hours, we have filed our paperwork away as everything had gone to agent!

My partner came home from work and we have both been digging out paperwork / trying to find everything.

Claire

Good job !! Now just sit back and breathe :biggrin:

Claire

Oh Holy CRAP 3.5 HOURS!!!!????? WEll we have exactly 1 hr and 40 mins left to lodge but Im sure that she is doing all of that now and is eating her lunch at her desk.

Is there much paperwork involved when you are submitting online?

I want to say a BIG BIG THANK YOU to George and Alan for their invaluable input this morning. Without this update posted by George we could have missed our chance.

We have had a fraught couple of hours but we have managed to lodge online by 10.05 pm Sydney time and obtain our TRN number.:biggrin:

I think i now need to go and have a lie down.

Thanks once again

Claire

I could do with advice,I really need the new SOL list published as currently serving police officer in england,wish to move to Victoria,bit police not on old sol list only new one i believe.Is there any other way I could get a permanent residency visa so I can apply to victoria police.Its the chicken and the egg scenario? Would a migration agency make any difference,or should I just wait for new sol list.(i need my application in sharpish as wil be 45 towards end of year).

Also as long as application actually submited when under 45 does it matter if you hit 45 after submitted?

Oh Holy CRAP 3.5 HOURS!!!!????? WEll we have exactly 1 hr and 40 mins left to lodge but Im sure that she is doing all of that now and is eating her lunch at her desk.

Is there much paperwork involved when you are submitting online?

I think your agent will probably be quicker than me. I filled in the wrong bit on Pete's status. Put him as Never Married (which he isn't) rather than de-facto and then had to go back through and work out why there was no section to put my details!!! Then I realised and than had to enter me. We also said YES to skills matching DB for both of us and we had loads of certificate / qualifications / job resp info to type in which took a while too. And, had to feed the baby!

Have not yet submitted the paperwork, just all form filling and visa app fee. We are going to follow up with the paperwork on Monday via our agent.

Good luck

Claire

Well its done lodged yippee!!!!!!!!!! SORRY I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION????On the receipt it says submitted date 8/5/2010 but the credit card transaction says 7/5/2010 at 20.29. is it a valid application??? sorry my head is all over the place.

Maria.x

Well done for getting in. We have just checked ours and it says submitted date 8/5/2010 but credit card saying 07/05/10.

Ooh I hope it is valid. We have our TRN numbers now so it should be? Please anyone shed any light?

Claire

Well done for getting in. We have just checked ours and it says submitted date 8/5/2010 but credit card saying 07/05/10.

Ooh I hope it is valid. We have our TRN numbers now so it should be? Please anyone shed any light?

Claire

Im sure it will be fine Claire once you have your TRN

Well I just got off the phone from our agent - We have actually decided not to lodge - I know! SA have just pulled the plug on granting SS and she thinks all other states may follow suit. We dont have any family sponsors and only 100 points so it would leave us floating around if the SS doesnt come through. Hopefully we made the right decision for us!

I can feel several bottles of wine coming on !!:laugh:

I dont think all of this has actually sunk in yet. No crying or shouting as of yet

Im sure it will be fine Claire once you have your TRN

Well I just got off the phone from our agent - We have actually decided not to lodge - I know! SA have just pulled the plug on granting SS and she thinks all other states may follow suit. We dont have any family sponsors and only 100 points so it would leave us floating around if the SS doesnt come through. Hopefully we made the right decision for us!

I can feel several bottles of wine coming on !!:laugh:

I dont think all of this has actually sunk in yet. No crying or shouting as of yet

I sure hope so. How can they say that the submit date is 8th when it is clearly the 7th. The annoucement said any visa apps submitted ON or after 8th May. So i'm thinking we are too late and they will send our visa app fee back. I hope I am wrong but i would put nothing past them.

Well let's hope for the both of us that we are on the new SOL come July. If not, well I am putting a new bathroom in and knocking a wall down in our house and doing some renovation work.

Have a good weekend, i have a 1st birthday party to organise now.

Claire

I sure hope so. How can they say that the submit date is 8th when it is clearly the 7th. The annoucement said any visa apps submitted ON or after 8th May. So i'm thinking we are too late and they will send our visa app fee back. I hope I am wrong but i would put nothing past them.

Well let's hope for the both of us that we are on the new SOL come July. If not, well I am putting a new bathroom in and knocking a wall down in our house and doing some renovation work.

Have a good weekend, i have a 1st birthday party to organise now.

Claire

Yeah lets sit tight and wait - Yeah Im gonna re-do my whole house and buy myself a car if this falls through!!

Happy Birthday to your little one enjoy the party :biggrin:

Suzanne

Think we will be OK well done to you too!!! it was such a rush to get it in but it will be worth it, that is if the minister doesn't change anything else, i tell you i need a very large glass of vino.

Maria.x

I need a large glass or two as well but it is only just gone 2!! Time will tell, just hope it's good news.

surhythms. has SA stopped sponsorship , i know they did say they would not take any new applications after the 14Th of may. Very sorry to hear you cant apply hopefully your occupation will be on the new SOL.

Maria.x

Yeah SA have CONFIRMED they arent processing anymore state sponsorships (our agent just confirmed this to me on the phone) At a guess I would say all the states will follow suit

Ye never know this new SOL might work in our favour and get me out of Dublin

Fingers crossed!

Suzanne

Claire i just checked the online application status and it said application received - processing commenced 7/5/2010 so i do think we're OK maybe have a look at yours.

Maria.x

I have just checked and after inputting the initial TRN number, dob, passport details, etc. we get a message saying

The following errors have been encountered:

Unable to provide further processing details at this time as the link to the application processing system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Then underneath says Application Received - processing commenced but no dates. Can you get past this part?

We've not been able to get in since I checked the date after your post so we don't know whether we got it in time or not.

If their system is down I PRAY to GOD that we have been lucky and that they will accept us. What a day

I'm sure your OK ,my credit card went through at 20.29 if that helps. Think you got in before me. Give it a few hours and try again, good luck and enjoy your party.

Maria.x

Hi Maria

Ours was 10.01, i am so worried now.

Archived