Are registered nurses on or off critical list???

Guest emmawaterton

Guest emmawaterton

Does anyone have a clear guideline as to whether a registered nurse is offf the critical list. I was told they were yet they still appear to be on.!!!!

:wacko:

Guest wanttogo

Was shocked when I saw the draft of new SOL and couldn't find nurses on it. Didn't even dear to ask whether it was true. Thought it just some mistake or something. Could anyone tell, please, if previously lodged app's by nurses would be affected if it happens to be true that neither nurses nor midwifes are no longer on the list?

Guest itskaren
Does anyone have a clear guideline as to whether a registered nurse is offf the critical list. I was told they were yet they still appear to be on.!!!!

:wacko:

HI there

I have not idea if nurses are off the list. However I have been in Melbourne now for 2.5 years working 'on the bank' at a few hospitals. What I will say is that there is a marked reduction in employment of nurses as it appears that the health authority that I work for have more than enough nurses at the moment.

A total ban using agency nurses have come into force and even bank work is getting difficult to find at times.

I know that there was a massive influx of overseas nurses and it appears that they have their quota?

This is just my opinion ...

It is interesting though. I originally came to Melbourne via a nursing agency on the 457 on a 4 year visa. Luckily we managed to gain the 175 pretty quickly. If I was still on the 457 visa I would be very worried about the lack of work out there. There is just not the work out there like it was when we first arrived.

Good luck!

I do wonder if it will change in the future, we too have fewer vacancies being advertised and people are now offerred short term contracts rather than casual work via agencies.

There are also alot of graduates completing training, I know that in some cases there are more graduates than places available on post grad courses

Ali

Guest guest30038
I do wonder if it will change in the future, we too have fewer vacancies being advertised and people are now offerred short term contracts rather than casual work via agencies.

There are also alot of graduates completing training, I know that in some cases there are more graduates than places available on post grad courses

Ali

Qld was unable to offer 100 new grads places last year, but this has since been rectified by offering them regional placements with a large -percentage not taking up the offer. I think this reflects more on Qld Health's need for experienced nurses in the main areas of population, as opposed to there being a surplus of nurses or lack of nursing positions.

kev

Guest guest36187

We have a lot of carers that went onto do EEN training and they seem to be employing them rather than getting anyone else.

If we get agency we can only use them in absolute desperation or for 4 hours (the minimum!)

Guest Alucard

I'll be very surprised if nurses are off the list. With all the talks of accountants being off the list, it seems that they will make it. I don't see why nurses would be off when accountants are still on.

Guest wanttogo

Many thanks for all replies. Relieved that nurses are still on, but what about midwifes? I may sound paranoid (sorry for that), but the fact there is no mentioning about them worries me

(I'm midwife myself). If anyone know, please?:confused:

Archived