Flight rip offs to Europe

kernow43

The cheapest BA return economy ticket next week was quoted as $7500 but soars to nearly double the price on some days, with customers warned that many of the quoted prices have “only one seat left”. In one instance BA has a single economy fare of $8217.

Air NZ had a price of $9000 return economy.

Travellers stung with expensive flights | Courier Mail

Guest proud2beaussie

I can't say I'm surprised Kernow,unfortunately it's part of commercial reality that in times like this carriers will take profits wherever they can,I'm not saying I agree with it,I don't,but I'm afraid it's to be expected,BTW it's not just airlines,some hotels in Asia have increased their "rack" rate for rooms by many thousands of percent,I am aware of a hotel in Singapore (5 star) that charged a businessman desperate for a room over the weekend $9000.00 for 2 nights-which was $7000.00 over the normal price.

HMMMM, sensationalist journalism I think. I just had a look at Qantas and searched for flights and they were nothing like those amounts. They were quoted at around $1100 Brissy to London and $1100 for the return leg.

Dates of travel were: 16th May, returning on 21st

Love

Rudi

x

Guest proud2beaussie

Yes Rudi as is the way with many newspapers they never let the facts get in the way of a good headline!

Having said that I have seen some very high fares over the last few days so I think it may be a case of a little bit of fact and a bit of fiction thrown in.

Guest Skerly

BA are always crazy expensive... Try one of the Asian airlines like Malaysian, Singapore or the likes of Emirates or Eithad and if all else fails and I mean everything goes belly up, look up Qantas...

Guest guest30038

Some of the hotels here in brizzy were actually giving discounts on meals and drinks of 20% to those who were put up by Singapore airlines.

kev

Guys, don't believe all you read. I just did the same thing on the BA site as I did on the Qantas site and the price came out as 424 pounds each way, flying on 7th May and returning on 21st. The dates around that were similar too.

Love

Rudi

x

Guys, don't believe all you read. I just did the same thing on the BA site as I did on the Qantas site and the price came out as 424 pounds each way, flying on 7th May and returning on 21st. The dates around that were similar too.

Love

Rudi

x

apart from the price Rudi Ba would be a life and death airline to fly

apart from the price Rudi Ba would be a life and death airline to fly

It wasn't meant to be a post about the merits of BA or any other airline, just a post to demonstrate the complete and utter bull**** in the article that was originally posted

Love

Rudi

x

It wasn't meant to be a post about the merits of BA or any other airline, just a post to demonstrate the complete and utter bull**** in the article that was originally posted

Love

Rudi

x

I am quite surprised Rudi by the prices compared to Qantas and NZ, you are correct!

Archived