Snail Mail to Oz

gaz n family

After some frustration (too long a story to tell) i had to post a letter to Oz, it was in a standard sized envelope and posted directly at the post office. They (Post Office) told me maximum 5 days, that was last Thursday, its now Firday and they still have not received it. they cannot process my TRA through until this has been received.

Do i re-send the letter, or wait?

Do i learn from this lesson and now send EVERY thing though registered, or other options available?

How do you send your stuff through to Oz?

Guest Guest31881

I have found that 10 days is normal for mail from UK. i would send important mail recorded delivery, then at least you can track it. I do not think the Australian post is the fastest in the world:eek:

Guest chris955

When we used to receive lots of letters (before email) they would take anywhere between 5 and 12 days, the one that took 12 days was when the in laws decided to post us $1000 in CASH in an envelope, it did arrive after some sweating from us.

A week is about normal but of course nothing happens at the weekend as far as deliveries. I would definitely send important papers registered.

I send a lot of parcels to Australia and they normally take 2 to 3 weeks and thats by air mail.....

I have sent 2 parcels that left at the same time, to the same address and have arrived 2 weeks apart.... work that one out :wacko:

It was sent last Thursday, i really hope its out of the UK long before now.

Thanks for your replies, so its very hit and miss and not to panic and resent it then.

Its photos for my TRA Application.

Would you get somemore and resend them registered? I dont know why the migration agent is not allowed to print them off?????

Guest siamsusie
It was sent last Thursday, i really hope its out of the UK long before now.

Thanks for your replies, so its very hit and miss and not to panic and resent it then.

Its photos for my TRA Application.

Would you get somemore and resend them registered? I dont know why the migration agent is not allowed to print them off?????

For me sending important documents to and from for my spouse visa WA to Scotland special delivery, registered or by courier took much longer than normal post. Letters from Tasmania reach London in 5/6 days normal delivery ... Tasmania to WA.. approx 8/9 days:biglaugh:

Guest gary12

just hang on, I find things from the Uk can take anything from 7 - 21 days airmail. Going from this end they usually take about 7 but have been known to get there in 4. The only exception was Christmas when I paid a fortune to get things there by express mail in 7 days (or there abouts) took about 2 weeks and missed Christmas, doh!

Regards

Michelle

I send a lot of parcels to Australia and they normally take 2 to 3 weeks and thats by air mail.....

I have sent 2 parcels that left at the same time, to the same address and have arrived 2 weeks apart.... work that one out :wacko:

That''s bloody quick for a parcel Geoffrey. I had 2 parcels sent to us, one from the UK and one from Canada.

They both took 3 months to get to us. One parcel was for my twins 16th birthday, the inlaws sent it off in November (the girls bday is in December), we finally got the parcel in late January !!.

The other parcel was a small care package from the UK again that one took 3 months to get here, and the buggers left the parcel outside my front door and all the chocholate melted :arghh: lol !!.

I am expecting a saddle this week from over east.. they said shipping should take 1 to 6 days.... so I will wait with baited breath to see if I get it in the alloted time frame:wink:

Cheers

Karen

My mum posts me alot of paperback books (individually) as they cost alot here, they usually take around a week or less to reach me. The new UK postmaster actually mistakenly gave mum the UK rate for posting one item (70p), which she did question and was assured was correct!

We never expected to see again, but it did arrive and it never cost us any more to be delivered to us.

Sue x

My Dad sent me my Christmas presents on 4th DEcember last year and they turned up 2 weeks ago! He asked the post office for postage so it can be tracked and paid £50 for it.

Firstly, apparently the post office did not put the word AIRMAIL on it, so it doesnt matter how much postage was on it... it will come by sea!

Secondly, when we thought it was lost, we tried to track it and all it said was for 3 months - left UK on 6th December.... how very helpful!!!!

Zoe x

Archived