New SOL - State Migration Arrangements

George Lombard

Now that new SOL is out,I am still confused.

I have positive skill assessment of ASCO code (2231-79(C/C++/C#)) and granted VIC state sponsorship which is valid till end of July.Now that new SOL has changed everything and codes.As DIAC has included software Eng/Programmer in SOL.I am not sure what what will happen now.

Will my SS remain valid even my profession code is not included in new SOL. Or I have to go for reassessment against new SOL codes?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fitz sher

Hi Guys,

I have a state sponsored(Victoria) 176 visa application lodged since November 2009. My trade of general Plumber is on the SOL list. Does anyone have any idea of what time line I might be looking at. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

Well ACT just came with a list of occupations in April ..does anybody think if this list is going to be their SMP?

ACT are the only state that has not suspended accepting new applications... so fingers crossed we will know soon...

Guest smithys

Re: Complete Sponsorship Applications lodged with Immigration SA before 14 May 2010

Dear Applicant/Migration Agent

You will recall an e-mail sent by Immigration SA last week about Sponsorship applications for Offshore visas - (please see copy below), I draw your attention to the following:

• If you have already lodged your visa application with DIAC for an Offshore visa before 8 May 2010,

AND

BUT

• You have not sent proof of visa application lodgement with DIAC,

You MUST fax the proof of visa application lodgement (indicating the Immigration SA Reference number as well) to Immigration SA on +61 8 8302 2040 before Monday 24 May 2010 or your application will not proceed.

HOWEVER

If you have already sent proof of visa application lodgement to Immigration SA, you can ignore this email and your application will be processed within the next three weeks. Do not ring Immigration SA for progress of this application – check the Online Client Tracking System

Manager - General Skilled Migration

Immigration South Australia

DEPARTMENT OF TRADE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT

Email: gsm.sa@sa.gov.au

Web: www.migration.sa.gov.au

Just wanted to share an email I received today regarding my SA ss, hope this may help. xx

It clearly states they are still processing - which is good !!:biggrin:

BUT you do have to have a valid visa application lodged and notify them of that - otherwisw it won't be processed.

Archived