Finding a rental in Brisbane with a Cat ????

terry & Melanie

Can anyone tell me if we will find it more difficult to find a rental in Brisbane with our pet cat Felix?

How do the Aussie view renting with cats? Will it be a problem?

We had planned on not taking the Cats with us (brother and sister). We found them a really nice family to go to and off they went. 5 days later Felix, the brother ran off and was missing for 2 weeks. It was the most traumatic 2 weeks so far. I felt awful, he is such a soft and loving cat that I knew he would not survive out on the streets! I walked the streets of Liverpool day and night looking for him. Thankfully he was found on the otherside of Liverpool 2 weeks after he went missing. He was very thin and had lost 40% of his body weight. He has been back just over a week now and is doing well!

I cannot face letting him go again and have decided he is coming with us!

His sister is settled where she is, so she will be staying.

Do you think it will be a problem with rentals?

Melanie x

Hi Melanie

It will reduce your number of choices slightly, but it should not be a problem. We rented with 2 dogs and 2 cats!! It's all about how you position it!!!! Your cat WILL:cute: be an outdoor cat who only ever comes inside to the laundry........not into the main house!!!!!

Once you get the rental the agent has to give you notice to come and inspect, so you just make sure that the cat is shut into the laundry that day!!

You will be expected to have the carpets cleaned with pest killer at the end of your tenancy, but it does not cost much more than the expected carpet cleaning anyway.

Hope that helps

Love

Rudi

x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Melanie

It shouldn't be a problem. If you have a couple of months rent you can offer them in advance and offer to pay a pet bond (legally they cannot ask for this) I am sure they won't mind.

Kate

Archived