geraint davies at montfort

redditchcouple

Guest Nat Davison

Hi

Moneycorp has assisted hundreds of Montfort's clients with their foreign exchange requirements. From the feedback we have had, you should be absolutely fine in their hands.

Hope this helps!

Nat

Be sure to get quotes for each type of work. Transferring money is usually fine but if they quote high fees to move pensions etc the beware. Anything above 1-2% fee and you need to look at alternatives and make sure that includes the Financial Plan in Australia as well as many just charge you to transfer the money in to a funds cash account and then you have to use a planner in Australia for investment advice.

Liam

We used him, the amount of things he has explained to us is absolutley amazing, you would never find these things out unless you know somebody like him personally, we have a file it it massive. I would suggest its well worth the investment, they also keep in touch and advise you when you are in Australia, fantastic comany to use

• 1 month later...
Guest Desired user name

The comments on this link bear no resemblance to the Montfort that I had the misfortune to have dealings with. If you try Google you will see that I am not the only person to be dissatisfied by this company. Apart from the hard sell approach I also found their fees to be very high and the reliability of their advice to be doubtful. In fact I believe I paid them a great deal of money for advice that I could have got for free via websites such as this one.

My advice - AVOID!

We met him, got the hard sell, saw through it, he doesn't know half of what he claims to.... his tactics are disgraceful. My advice... walk away, seriously.... dont fall for the image that he likes to portray.

• 1 year later...
Guest trigger

My view on this company i would not repeat! If i ran my business this way i would not survive we ended up using Global Qrops and they are great upto this point.

Hi ya,

Sorry to hear so many bad reports. We have been having dealings with Montforts now for 18 months. And I must say we have had absolutely no problems what so ever. We could never had done this without them. From financial, visa agent, moneycorp and follow up contact here in Australia all included in the price, its been the best money spent.

Yes you could probably do all this yourself but having someone contact companies on your behalf and do all your dealings, certainly has taken the stress away from what is already a stressful time.

Go with your instinct. Obviously always good and bad.

Good luck. x

• 3 months later...

Really... please don't use this company! PM me for details

Hi ya,

Sorry to hear so many bad reports. We have been having dealings with Montforts now for 18 months. And I must say we have had absolutely no problems what so ever. We could never had done this without them. From financial, visa agent, moneycorp and follow up contact here in Australia all included in the price, its been the best money spent.

Yes you could probably do all this yourself but having someone contact companies on your behalf and do all your dealings, certainly has taken the stress away from what is already a stressful time.

Go with your instinct. Obviously always good and bad.

Good luck. x

Edited by Guest31881

• 9 years later...

Yes I used Montfort Int I found them only after my money The information they gave me was very dubious . I raised the issue with the FSA and they looked into it but had only had my word against Geraints so took it no further . I was not happy with Montforts or the FSA . Montforts are always dealing with these type of complaints and know how to deal with them.

I signed up with them, but they failed at the first hurdle. I'm not sure what I was asking of them now but I remember their advice was "look it up on the internet". So I did that with everything and found I didn't need their help.

• Like 1