Youth Mobility Visa - any reasons for it to be denied?

Guest guest38987

Guest guest38987

My Australian fiancee is applying for the youth mobility visa this week

I am in the UK and she will be staying with me and looking for work when she gets here

Our plan is to spend a year here and I will apply for the prospective spouse visa for Australia and we will both return there to get married

Are there any reasons that this visa could be denied?

Do I qualify for the Youth Mobility Visa - UK?

The UK Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa is a points-based visa. Applicants must score 50 points:

• 40 points for Attributes (10 points if you are aged between 18-30 inclusively and 30 points if you are a national of Australia, New Zealand, Canada or Japan )
  • 10 points for Maintenance (you must show that you have £1600 saved)

You will need your passport to show your age and nationality.

Showing proof of funds for your Tier 5 Visa - UK

You need to show proof that you have at least £1600 in funds to support your stay in the United Kingdom. The funds must be in your personal bank account, and the exchange rate used to convert the funds will be the rate on the date of your application - so you should have enough money to account for any exchange rate fluctuations. The date of application will, in all cases, be taken to be the date you pay the fee and your biometric details taken.

You must show evidence such as an original bank statement, dated no earlier than a month before your application. If you wish to use electronic bank statements, they must be stamped on every page by your bank or accompanied by an original letter from your bank. There are other requirements so you should check the guidance on the Home Office website.

Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS) Eligibility and Details

• Hold an Australian passport and aged 18-30 (inclusive)
  • Have the equivalent of £1600 in your personal bank account at time of application
  • Permitted to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years.
  • Biometrics – You will need attend a UK Consulate appointment to have fingerprints scanned and a digital photograph taken
  • Can not apply for this visa if you have held a working holiday visa in the past
  • Once in a lifetime visa

Points to Remember About Applying

• Your visa can’t be fast tracked, it will be processed in the order it is received so allow plenty of time
  • Enquiring about the progress of your visa will actually slow down the process. Unless your application has been with the British High Commission for more than 30 days, try not to call and ask…they’re going as fast as they can.
  • If you hold a criminal conviction, there is a greater chance of your visa application not being approved. IEP would encourage you to submit all necessary documents, police checks etc with your application directly to the British High Commission.
  • If any part of your visa application is incorrect or incomplete (e.g. not signed, missing details) IEP may return your visa application to you and let you know what changes need to be made. Follow the directions we provide closely to avoid preventable mistakes.
  • You cannot have dependent children
  • The British High Commission will hold onto your passport throughout the entire visa processing time so it is really important that you don’t book any non-refundable flights or tours until your visa is confirmed. You will want that visa in your hand before you commit to travel plans.

Guest guest38987

As my fiancee has already mentioned me in her application do you think we should include a letter explaining that she has spent a month with me in the UK , and that I spent 2 months in Australia with her and about future plans to apply for a prospective spouse visa to get married in Australia?

Guest guest38987

if this visa gets denied, will she still be able to get a tourist visa?

she has visited the UK before earlier in the year

Hi,

If she's on an Aussie passport she doesn' t need a visa to visit the UK, unless she wants to stay for an extended time.

But if the Youth Mobility visa is sort of the same as the Aussie WHV, then it seems to be that as long as you meet the criteria in terms of age (and this one seems to have a financial requirement too) then I can't see any reason it would get denied

Archived