Suggestions for suburbs, Perth, NOR

abz123

Yep, "Snobs" just about sums it up. Snobs are the people that cringe at fish n chip shops yet hoot at the thought of a sushi bar opening up:daydreaming:, they will quaff at someone in a kiss me quick hat on Brighton sea front yet see no irony in strutting about in a sari on a goan beach.

I would love to ask these people if its just English things they hate so much...:mad:

Guest guest17301

Back to the OP...try Balga, Girrawheen and Balcatta. Suburbs that are 'real Australia' if that's what you're after. Definitely no white trash (or very little) and you won't see many Union Jacks. Culturally diverse it is...I think you'd like it there Susie.

Back to the OP...try Balcatta. 'real Australia' if that's what you're after. Definitely no white trash (or very little) and you won't see many Union Jacks. Culturally diverse it is...I think you'd like it there Susie.

have you ever been there Fi, its full of brits, i've worked with loads from there !!!!!!

Guest guest17301

No never been there, I'm just making sweeping generalisations...but that's OK isn't it?:cute: As long as i 'think' I have a clue what I'm on about....:dull:

Balga is very multicultural , a lot of the africans and asylum immigrants live there ,as ther are a high number of homeswest properties ,they are given these homes as they are on low incomes maximum income for a family to qualify is $600 a week income ,anything above and you cant get one. Its human nature for people to tend to live among there own folk , how many chinatoens or little italys are there in the us and the uk. The West did afeature on the highest percentage of each nationality in suberbs in perth , the English did not figure in the usual suspects noted. Saffers were top in Currambine , thats why there is a top braer butcher there lol

Guest guest17301

So where was the highest proportion of Poms Mal?

And..if you choose to live 'away' from your own folk as you put it, does that imply a distaste for ones own roots or merely a desire to experience the real Australia..(whatever that is!) a bit like the real England I imagine:wink:

Well I'm tempted to say move SOR :)

But to try and answer the question I'd say avoid new estates, there are less objectionable Brits in the more established suburbs, and the usual location, location, location rules apply - better to have a smaller house/reno in a better area than a flash house in a poorer area.

Places such as Sorrento & Hillary's have a nice feel but were way out of our price range, Duncraig & Kingsley are more affordable. If you need more affordable again then go further inland rather than further North. The chavvy Brits all want to live on the coast. I'm not going to name specific places to avoid because it may upset people!

Seriously though why NOR?

Must admit, I've seen Union Jacks on cars but never a flag in a garden.

As a general rule, to avoid watching people regularly swigging out of tinnies, I'd avoid Australia as a whole.

People here eat meat, drink beer, watch sport and swear. Regularly. And like it. And it's got nothing to do with Brits.

Guest goonerlady

I don't think there is much of a problem of chavs.You see the odd one at the shopping centres but most Brits and Aussies I know mix well.

I live in a so called nice neighbourhood and the area is very quiet but the children seem to have plenty of money for drink and drugs which I think is more of a problem than a few chavs!

Archived