Suggestions for suburbs, Perth, NOR

abz123

Can anyone recommend good suburbs north of the river that are "white trash" / chav free?

I'm talking about the sovvy wearing, 3 Lions t-shirt brigade with their MAN U car registrations that like to sit out in their front gardens (or in the garage with the door open) swigging from their tinnies. :arghh:

Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their own life style choices (even though they're obviously not aware of FIFO) but I don't want to make an expensive mistake and buy property in this sort of neighbourhood.

Call me a snob.... :wink:

Guest siamsusie
Can anyone recommend good suburbs north of the river that are "white trash" / chav free?

I'm talking about the sovvy wearing, 3 Lions t-shirt brigade with their MAN U car registrations that like to sit out in their front gardens (or in the garage with the door open) swigging from their tinnies.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their own life style choices (even though they're obviously not aware of FIFO) but I don't want to make an expensive mistake and buy property in this sort of neighbourhood.

Call me a snob....

:biglaugh::biglaugh:love it! Oh! and Union Jacks flying in their gardens:mad:

I'm talking about the sovvy wearing, 3 Lions t-shirt brigade with their MAN U car registrations that like to sit out in their front gardens (or in the garage with the door open) swigging from their tinnies. :arghh:

Call me a snob.... :wink:

If you don't want that lot, move to QUEENSLAND, then. :yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

If you don't want that lot, move to QUEENSLAND, then. :yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Queensland is just as risky.

I find, in general, the further North you go the more it's like you describe. Joondalup on Friday night reminds me of where I grew up. Lots of brits around (I was going to put English but there are a lot of the other varieties) with their soccer shirts on and as soon as they have a few beers inside them they want a fight.

I took my son to a presentation night for his school and the hall was next to a pub where they had already banned people wearing soccer shirts. I drove through the car park and there were several fights going on and people walking around with the "I'm tough" look. You know when you walk around with your fists clenched and shoulders out with a swagger. My son said what's going on here and I just said they're English mate. Pity but that about summed it up.

I'm talking about the sovvy wearing, 3 Lions t-shirt brigade with their MAN U car registrations that like to sit out in their front gardens (or in the garage with the door open) swigging from their tinnies.

Call me a snob....

Is it their colour that you find objectionable or just the fact that they are English? Because if you don't like to see people swigging from tinnies in their garages with the doors open you are pretty limited for neighborhoods.

Sussie its great that you love the Union Jack because you will find it everywhere in Australia

australian_flag.gif

Guest siamsusie
Is it their colour that you find objectionable or just the fact that they are English? Because if you don't like to see people swigging from tinnies in their garages with the doors open you are pretty limited for neighborhoods.

Sussie its great that you love the Union Jack because you will find it everywhere in Australia

australian_flag.gif

No objection to the Union Jack, naturally it has its place in the world! and yes I am not blind to see it exists on the Australian flag. My objection is to seeing the Union Jack flying in a Poms's garden here in Australia , sorry I find it arrogant and actually it is not etiquette to do so without the Australian flag flying side by side. :cute:

No objection to the Union Jack, naturally it has its place in the world! and yes I am not blind to see it exists on the Australian flag. My objection is to seeing the Union Jack flying in a Poms's garden here in Australia , sorry I find it arrogant and actually it is not etiquette to do so without the Australian flag flying side by side. :cute:

Do you see it a lot then?

I have seen it in various states and I find it embarrassing. :biggrin:

I personally wouldn't do it and wonder why people do, but it doesn't embarrass me.

You will find that some aussies are just as bad as UK chavs.

I think they are called bogans/ rednecks. They can also sit outside their garages swinging beers from their tinnies and revving their car/ute/van engines and yelling their head off.

Guest siamsusie
I personally wouldn't do it and wonder why people do, but it doesn't embarrass me.

I think perhaps sensitivity should play a role as well Aldo... We are here to embrace the Australian culture, no harm in being a pom and proud of it but I certainly wouldnt put a Union Jack on my car either, car insurance is quite costly these days:laugh:

You will find that some aussies are just as bad as UK chavs.

I think they are called bogans/ rednecks. They can also sit outside their garages swinging beers from their tinnies and revving their car/ute/van engines and yelling their head off.

That's so true... I've even seen Black and yellow trash too!:cute:

Guest siamsusie
That's so true... I've even seen Black and yellow trash too!:cute:

yellow_radiation_symbol_keychain-p146870283460216623td8i_210.jpg

Trash everywhere I am afraid, but the OP is wanting to avoid it if possible:daydreaming:

I think perhaps sensitivity should play a role as well Aldo... We are here to embrace the Australian culture, no harm in being a pom and proud of it but I certainly wouldnt put a Union Jack on my car either, car insurance is quite costly these days:laugh:

I would agree with that, not good form to display one without the other, a bit like walking round with a T shirt saying 'get your **** stars off our flag' on Australia day.

I saw a car with a Welsh flag on Australia day and to be honest it wound me up and I'm not an Aussie

Aus is the most classless society I think you could live in, so best of luck cos alot of the bogans are loaded :)

Guest siamsusie
I would agree with that, not good form to display one without the other, a bit like walking round with a T shirt saying 'get your **** stars off our flag' on Australia day.

I saw a car with a Welsh flag on Australia day and to be honest it wound me up and I'm not an Aussie

How rude is that! some people just don't think:cute:

Guest bluebud
I have seen it in various states and I find it embarrassing.

Hey susie never ever be embarrassed by anyone’s roots, I see hundreds of Aussies in London and I have worked with scores of them, they fly their aussie flags from their cars and from the windows of their flats and rented houses,,,they are proud of their flag and I cannot see for the life of me why anyone would feel embarrassed to see a flag from another Country flying in their's 

Do you fell ashamed to fly your own flag of your country, or would you feel embarrassed to see someone flying your national flag, people are to precious imo.

Guest siamsusie
Hey susie never ever be embaressed by anyones roots, I see hundreds of Aussies in London and I have worked with scores of them, they fly their aussie flags from their cars and from the windows of their flats and rented houses,,,they are proud of their flag and I cannot see for the life of me why anyone would feel embaressed to see a flag from another Country flying in their's

Do you fell ashamed to fly your own flag of your country, or would you feel embaressed to see someone flying your national flag, people are to precious imo.

Thats another way of looking at it Bluebud.... yes great to see Australians fly their corner in the UK... but yes I do become embarrassed when the Brits fly their flag here, (without the Australian flag being evident at the same time) for some reason the word "conquer" comes to mind,:laugh:. I have felt quite odd on occasions flying the Australian flag on Australia Day when I have had Aborigine neighbours ... it could just be me being sensitive but maybe that is better than a "bull in a china shop attitude" I dont know:cute: Its not being precious at all imo... I would be exceptionally embarrassed to fly the UJ in my front garden! and hopefully someone would remove it:laugh:

NP apologies to the Op for going off subject xx

Perhaps if you can afford it a rekki to Perth and your chosen areas would be beneficial to you in your quest for a chav free zone (although you'll find they're called bogans here).

Seriously, you should consider renting first before buying to ensure the suburb you're in is desirable to you.

Thats another way of looking at it Bluebud.... yes great to see Australians fly their corner in the UK... but yes I do become embarrassed when the Brits fly their flag here, (without the Australian flag being evident at the same time) for some reason the word "conquer" comes to mind,:laugh:. I have felt quite odd on occasions flying the Australian flag on Australia Day when I have had Aborigine neighbours ... it could just be me being sensitive but maybe that is better than a "bull in a china shop attitude" I dont know:cute: Its not being precious at all imo... I would be exceptionally embarrassed to fly the UJ in my front garden! and hopefully someone would remove it:laugh:

NP apologies to the Op for going off subject xx

Susie, may ask ask if you have British roots? I'm just wondering why the Union Jack/Flag causes you to cringe and this "conquer' thing? Britain hasn't done any conquering for a very long time and even when it was conquering it brought a lot of good to the world. Its sad that so many people feel this way when they see the Union Flag.

Guest siamsusie
Susie, may ask ask if you have British roots? I'm just wondering why the Union Jack/Flag causes you to cringe and this "conquer' thing? Britain hasn't done any conquering for a very long time and even when it was conquering it brought a lot of good to the world. Its sad that so many people feel this way when they see the Union Flag.
I think Aldo we can all claim a dolly mixture of roots cant we:daydreaming:! It has nothing to do with my roots at all, if I came across the South African /Dutch/French flag being flown in an inappropriate manner I would cringe! There is a flag etiquette When flying the Union Jack it is important to be sure the flag is right-side up. To tell which side is up on the flag, be sure that the larger white stripe is above the thinner red stripe in the canton (upper hoist-side corner) of the flag. It is considered improper to fly the flag upside down and is also an international sign of distress. When flying the Union Jack in conjunction with another nation's flag, be sure both are located on seperate flag poles of equal height. To fly the Union Jack above or below another nation is a sign of disrespect. Flying any nation's flag above another nation is a sign of superiority or of conquering the lower flag's nation. During times of peace it is strictly prohibted to do so. The flag can be flown both in daylight and at night so long as the flag is properly illuminated, preferably with a spotlight. Never allow your flag to drag on the ground or use it as a seat cover, table cloth or other similar devices.

Aldo, these are my own personal views I am writing about, others may see it differently, I am as much adverse to Little Britain/ and or Holland taking over foreign lands with their fish & chips, kiss me quick attire and flying the UJ in your front garden here in Australia imo would be considered poor form... !Ask Mrs Keily, does she sport the Scottish flag over in Perth in her front yard? For me I wouldnt want to offend our hosts ok!!!

I think Aldo we can all claim a dolly mixture of roots cant we:daydreaming:! It has nothing to do with my roots at all, if I came across the South African /Dutch/French flag being flown in an inappropriate manner I would cringe! There is a flag etiquette When flying the Union Jack it is important to be sure the flag is right-side up. To tell which side is up on the flag, be sure that the larger white stripe is above the thinner red stripe in the canton (upper hoist-side corner) of the flag. It is considered improper to fly the flag upside down and is also an international sign of distress. When flying the Union Jack in conjunction with another nation's flag, be sure both are located on seperate flag poles of equal height. To fly the Union Jack above or below another nation is a sign of disrespect. Flying any nation's flag above another nation is a sign of superiority or of conquering the lower flag's nation. During times of peace it is strictly prohibted to do so. The flag can be flown both in daylight and at night so long as the flag is properly illuminated, preferably with a spotlight. Never allow your flag to drag on the ground or use it as a seat cover, table cloth or other similar devices.

Aldo, these are my own personal views I am writing about, others may see it differently, I am as much adverse to Little Britain/ and or Holland taking over foreign lands with their fish & chips, kiss me quick attire and flying the UJ in your front garden here in Australia imo would be considered poor form... !Ask Mrs Keily, does she sport the Scottish flag over in Perth in her front yard? For me I wouldnt want to offend our hosts ok!!!

What wrong with fish and chips in Australia (apart from the quality)?

Guest guest17301

It takes more than seeing a flag flying...of any country...to offend me. Fly whatever you want for all I care! I wouldn't fly it myself, I did fly the Aussie flag on Australia day (without the Union Jack) I don't think Aussies are bothered either way TBH.

I live in the Northern suburbs, its definitely not full of 'white trash' as far as I'm concerned and sweeping generalisations of areas are to be avoided in my opinion. Some people will not settle wherever they go...goes back to the thread from the other night, for Christs sake can you not just live and let live? Yes i do think it's snobby to be sniffy about someone flying a flag...any flag.

Archived