Posting immi forms by courier?!?

Dugong

Hello there,

Just asking a bit of a daft question:embarrassed:

We have sent our immi forms off today and sent them to the address under the courier option. We sent the forms 'International Signed For' is that the same as courier service?!

Guest kimdownie

Hi there,

I am not sure for definate, but I would class it as courier because someone needs to sign to say they have recieved it, it is not just a hole in the wall, the international signed for service takes about 8 days, I have used it twice and not had any problems, the only thing I would say is that the AUS POST tracking service does not work with it, so dont worry if you try and use it and nothing shows, as when we used it AUS POST still had no record of our package even when we got our TRA outcome 4 weeks later.

Dont worry, I am sure it will get there.

Kim xx

Guest Nicki Kefford

Hi, as for Kim, not too sure, but do you have a tracking reference where you can track the status? We had UPS couriers take our Meds and we could track every stage right up to being signed for and the name of the girl who received them. Not sure if its the same so sorry if no use to you. Don't worry though - I'm sure they will get there ok.

Good luck,

Nicki :wubclub:

Hi. Sorry to disappoint you but we used International Signed For based on the marketing of the service (i.e. leads you to believe it will be signed for and you can track it). However, after 3 months we had no idea if it had arrived and the post office offer no help whatsoever. The conditions are that if it doesn't arrive within 6 months you can claim back the value you insured it for, but they will not investigate it. We spoke to loads of post office people and finally got someone who knew the facts - although the name is "International Signed For" it is not actually signed for. Apparently it might be signed for in some countries, but generally it is not. The tracking is also a waste of time - it tells you that it has been "Dispatched" and that's how it stays. As DIMA have such a large backlog we had to sit tight for 3 months not knowing if it had got there or not. Luckily it had got there but it was a stressful time since we had a deadline by which to apply and we only just made it. The amazing thing is the people at the PO counter seem totally unaware of this, probably due to the misleading name of the service.

Guest kimdownie

Hi dugong,

sorry to dissapoint you but the post office tracking number is useless once it leaves the uk, if you ring the post office they will give you the email address for aus post as i mentioned before, we have tried this on our post sent in April and ours is still not recognised 2 months later although we have recieved our reply.

BUT still dont worry as it does need to be signed for, so it will get there.

kim xx

Guest The "Biscuits"

Funnily enough i went to our village post office this morning and asked about the same thing. The only courier service that the post office use is parcel force and that was coming out at £47.20, delivery within 3 days and fully signed for every step of the way.

They told me about the one you mentioned but said that it only got signed for as far as uk departure point.

Have many people had good results by posting it with good old royal air mail?

Guest kimdownie

Hi biscuits,

as far as I was aware, Royal mail tracking is not available at all via oz post, so yes it will get signed for but you wont be able to check on its transition, to see if it has got there.

We used Interparcel, who use DHL, it got there in 3 days, was tracked all the way and only cost £20. You do everything over the net and they collect it from your door!!!, IT was FAB

:err:Fingers crossed then for international signed for!! How do you know when they have received your papers? Do they contact you via email with an aknowledgement or do you just keep checking your bank account to see if the visa fee has been taken?!

Guest kimdownie

Hi Dugong,

I am afraid the only way you will know is when the money gets taken, or you recieve your acknowledgement

but im sure it will get there fine, usually within 8 days.

Kim

Archived