Hoping to ship my 'other lady' over to Oz...quick query though!

Jibbah24

Hi everyone...

I'm hoping to ship my Jaguar XK8 over to Oz and having read a few of the threads I did get the impression that the car needs to have been driven in the UK for th 12 months preceding the shipping. I have owned the vehilce for 5 years but for the past 18 months she has been been tucked up in my garage as I just haven't had the time to drive her.

Does anyone know what the situation is? Can my car be left on a SORN decleration until shipping or do I need to get her MOT'd, taxed and insured for the 12 months beforehand??

Also, has anyone shipped a car over using a 40ft container into which they have also packed their personal belongings. This is an option we are considering.

Thanks in advance.

Spencer :huh:

Hi Spencer,

We are shipping our X5 over this month in a 40ft container with our household stuff as this was the cheapest option.They tell me the household stuff goes in first them the car is put into this kind of crate structure to keep it in place. When I sent off for the licence they ask for loads of diffrence stuff, (check out there website and it will tell you what they want) but I didn't send them a copy of the MOT or proof that the car was taxed.....so I don't know how they will know that you haven't driven it. All they are really interested in is how long you have owned it and the value of the car.....there are some really good threads on hear about importing your car and the cost (which is alot) so if you get a chance read through them aswell....hope this helps...Louise

Spencer as long as the car has been owned and used for a period of at least 12 months there is no problem with it being stored for some of that time. You will need to produce some documents to show it has been used, like old insurance papers etc. The cheapest method is RORO, roll on roll off and then have a 20 foot container for your other stuff or even a shared container.

Archived