Advice on Child Car Seats Required

Chezza66

Hi.

Bearing in mind recent changes to the law, we are looking for the next seat for our 3.5yr old.

I am looking for what advice or recommendations anyone can give.

Ideally we want something that still provides good safety and cushioning around the head.

It's a little bit of a minefield out there. We need a seat that will go in the front of a 3 seater van, so that may limit our options somewhat too!

Thanks in advance!

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Chezza

Not sure on the anchor points of a 3 seater van. You could look at Safe-n-Sound (Britax) they are a good brand and maybe the Safe-n-Sound Maxi Rider goes from 8kg to 26kg so would last you until your child reaches 7 years. It converts from a forward facing seat to a booster seat.

Hi,

There is a parenting forum with a sub-board about car seats which should be able to help you with this:

Essential Baby -> Car Restraints

I have found them to be very informative. They also have links to the most up-to-date safety reports, and links to why safety harnesses are not a good idea.

hth

stmatt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chihiro

i found my answer "Overseas child restraints cannot be used in Australia because they do not comply with Australian Standards and do not display the Australian Standards tick logo"

Archived