ARGHHH our Qantas flights have changed

Elliott-Family

Hi

Just having a bit of a rant, we have booked to validate our visa at the end of may, because we are on such a tight budget we will only be in OZ for 8 days, we looked long and hard into our flights and had booked one that would mean we would get to melbourne at 6pm, this suited us as we could collect car, get to accommodation and crash for the night meaning we could start fresh the next day, however...

we have just had an email saying our flights have changed!!!!! we now dont arrive at melbourne until 4.45am, which means we gonna be shattered and prob miss the first day of our hols also we have to now re-arrange dogs boarding, hotel at airport night before fights, parking, school, car hire and accommodation whilst there!!!

so fed up as we were so organised and had everything sorted and now have to start again with it all, how can airlines just do this to us

sorry for rant but well fed up :sad:

Claire

Sorry to hear that your flights have been changed. Feel free to rant away as I know how you feel. We've had plans changed with our accommodation and that stressed me quite a bit. I hope you get things sorted to your satisfaction. It will be all worth it in the end.

Sue

Hi

Just having a bit of a rant, we have booked to validate our visa at the end of may, because we are on such a tight budget we will only be in OZ for 8 days, we looked long and hard into our flights and had booked one that would mean we would get to melbourne at 6pm, this suited us as we could collect car, get to accommodation and crash for the night meaning we could start fresh the next day, however...

we have just had an email saying our flights have changed!!!!! we now dont arrive at melbourne until 4.45am, which means we gonna be shattered and prob miss the first day of our hols also we have to now re-arrange dogs boarding, hotel at airport night before fights, parking, school, car hire and accommodation whilst there!!!

so fed up as we were so organised and had everything sorted and now have to start again with it all, how can airlines just do this to us

sorry for rant but well fed up :sad:

Claire

Guest proud2beaussie

I can understand that you are upset but airlines don't change flights just to inconvenience passengers,they do it for operational reasons.

I suggest you contact Qantas (by telephone) and tell them that the change to the flight will cause you great inconvenience and distress,tell them you are unwilling to accept the change,they should then be able to work out something with you that will not cause you as much inconvenience.

If you have any problems feel free to PM me and I'm happy to act as a go between for you .

Cheers

The UK contact number is 208 600 4300

Do I take it that you are in the travel business Nigel?? My parents are looking to come out here November through to January but don't really know what they are doing. If you are can you PM me??

To The Elliot family, hope all gets sorted and if you want to come and see the sights of Berwick then happy to show you around!! We are loving it here and soon all your concerns re flights will be over and you too will be living it large. Hope things are moving on the house front for you too - have been out of touch with that thread for sometime now.

Karen x

I can understand that you are upset but airlines don't change flights just to inconvenience passengers,they do it for operational reasons.

I suggest you contact Qantas (by telephone) and tell them that the change to the flight will cause you great inconvenience and distress,tell them you are unwilling to accept the change,they should then be able to work out something with you that will not cause you as much inconvenience.

If you have any problems feel free to PM me and I'm happy to act as a go between for you .

Cheers

The UK contact number is 208 600 4300

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Karen,

Yes I run an independent travel agency from my home here in N/E Victoria,I've been an agent for 12 years now.

If you would like some advice or quotes please feel free to send me a PM or email with your requirements and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers

Nigel

how inconvenient for you.....cant you claim some sort of compensation to help you cover the costs of rearranging everything??

hope you get everything sorted....and im sure once you hit Aus, all your troubles will be forgotten

xx

Guest wobob

I don't how it works with Qantas because its a long haul operator, but I know anytime Ryanair moves my flights to France by more 6 hours I can cancel the flights with no charge and I get a full refund, and then I rebook. Surely they must offer you some sort of compensation for making such a big change to your flights?

Hope you get it sorted x

thnaks guys for your responses, we have written a letter to qantas, should they not respond we will give them a call and see what they can do, the time of the flight we wanted is available still on the day before so worst case maybe we could go a day earlier, would still mean re-arranging everything but at least we wouldnt be losing any of our precious reccie trip

Claire x

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Claire,

You are unlikely to get a response from Qantas to a letter within a reasonable period of time,as a professional agent I advise you to deal with them by telephone and if necessary follow up via email or letter.

If the flight you wanted is still operating on the day before then you need to ask Qantas clearly why they have changed your booking,it will probably be operational reasons such as aircraft positioning or crewing issues but they still need to give a satisfactory reason,and if it is not operational and they simply want to "bump" you off the flight because it is overbooked then you would be entitled to compensation for that.

I suggest that you make it quite clear to them that you are not satisifed to be inconvenienced without good reason.

As I said in my original post,if you have any difficulty with them let me know and I will intervene on your behalf.

Cheers

Nigel

Guest juliemtaylor

Oh Claire, are you sure it arrives at that time in Oz?? I am surprised at such an early landing. We arrived at 10 am and flew through the pit of the night. When we got to Mornington I can honestly say the rest of the day was spent trying to unpack a bit but sleeping most of it and feeling really groggy for days.. So I would really try to push hard for a better flight arrival time as I don't want to repeat that one again in a hurry..

Let us know if you fancy having a look our direction as we will hopefully have found a longer term rental, job etc by then??

Julie xx

Nigel your a star :wubclub:

thank you so much for the advice, we have just used the number you gave us to give them a ring and they have been really helpful, we have now been transferred onto flights at the same time but a day earlier,

ok will still have to change car, dogs, accommodation etc etc but at least we will arrive at a decent time and we get an extra day in oz :biggrin:

Julie might well take you up on that offer :wink:

claire x

Hi Claire

Thats great news! Hope all gets sorted out for you in respect to accommodation etc. Like wise if you want to come and see Berwick area then pop in to see me! Still getting my bearings but have become the Queen of the Melways!!!

Karen x

Archived