In Sydney alone - looking to meet new people!

Guest irishhoney

Guest irishhoney

Hi all

I've been in Sydney (from London) for almost a month now on a working visa and have already met people but am always glad to meet more! So if you fancy meeting up for a drink or two let me know ;-)

Lucinda

Guest Marylou

Lucinda- hope you don't mind me saying- be careful! Be sure to meet people in groups- it's a jungle out there for young girls.

Guest irishhoney

hi marylou thanks, but I've gone away on my own loads and am pretty streetwise so am well able to take care of myself! Also not exactly naive at 28....tks for your concern tho :-)

• 3 years later...
Guest heale

I went to a Sydney Young Professionals event on my own as I have just moved over from the UK with work and thought that it would be a good chance to meet people. It was brilliant, there was a great mix of people from across all industries and the venue was brilliant. I will definitely go to the next event as it was one of the best nights out I have had in Sydney. Their website is Home - Sydney Young Professionals, check it out!

• 2 years later...

When I arrived in Sydney alone I joined the Meet Up website & went to done British Expat Meet Ups. Met my husband at one...lol. Also still good friends with three others I met there. I'm in Melbourne now but there are still meets as I get emails about it. The crowd changes all the time with comings & goings.

Archived