Australian police check

mrsb

Hi Mrsb,

My partner has to do the same as he is sponsering myself and my 2 daughters, when I checked the the website it says 10-15 days to process the request: I've added the link for you so you can have a look.

National Police Checks - AFP

Also bear in mind that it takes on average 7-10 days when you post something from UK to Australia.

Good luck

Tracey

My partner who is the Aussie has to have the Australian police check, I don't have to have an Australian police check done. The only time you have to have a police check done from another country is if you have resided in that country for more than a 12 month period in the past 10 years. That is the advice my agent gave to me. So if either of you have resided in another country for more than 12 months in the past 10 years you have to supply a police check for that country. My Australian partner has to supply an Australian police check as I have my 2 young daughters on our de facto application and re the guidelines that have been amended due to child protection etc they now request that if you have minors on your application as a precaution (even if you have no history or a no conviction) you have to have a police check done: I'll attach the link for you: (page 2)

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/addendum-book1.pdf

Hope this helps.

Tracey

Thankyou, thats a great help, our kids wn't be on my application as one is already an aussie citizen and the other is by decent.

I just have one more question about the aussie check, it asks for an aussie drivers license as id or any other photographic id, now does it matter that this will be british id? ie my passport?

That I don't know the answer to as my partner has both UK and an Australian passport so that is not an issue I have encountered. If you check on the website for the Australian police it may give you an answer or an email address where you can contact them to ask them direct. Or someone else with more knowledge on here may know the answer. Sorry I can't help you further. Good luck with your application :D

Tracey

Archived