Homeless in 7 days

Guest milliemoo

Guest milliemoo

Anyone coming to Perth and wanting to settle near Baldvis do not think it will be easy getting a long term rental in the area. We have been trying to get a rental property and have applied for as many as we can over the last three weeks and we still have nothing.

We have read and carried out all the advice we have seen on Poms in Oz by providing:

1) Reference from our UK bank

2) Bank statement from our Westpac account showing a healthy balance

3) Mortgage statements from our UK property

4) Sales particulars from our UK property

5) A reference from our UK estate agent

6) Offering to pay 3-6 months upfront

As we have been unable to secure a long term let we have also been desparately trying to find another furnished rental and even that has proved very, very difficult. As yet we still do not have anywhere to move to next Thursday, and we are a family with two young children, one of which needs to be getting back to school, but until we live in the area she can't:arghh:

We just do not know what else we can do and are feeling quite desperate at the moment. We have been to see two properties today and at least 6 other people turned up to view each house.

If anyone can offer us anywhere to stay as from next Thursday please let me know, or even just some reassurance as we really need it at the moment :swoon:.

Miliemoo :hug: hang on in there,, i am sure you wil get something soon.

Are you contacting agents direct to see what they have coming available ? It might be better than waiting for the houses to be advertised.

Try building a friendship with one of the agents,, sounds a little corny i know but if it gets you a house, who cares?lol,, give them a sob story and explain your situation.

If you can finacially afford to, offer $10 a week extra on the rent or even $5,,

Hope these help you,, and i hope you find something soon

Cal x

Guest milliemoo
Miliemoo :hug: hang on in there,, i am sure you wil get something soon.

Are you contacting agents direct to see what they have coming available ? It might be better than waiting for the houses to be advertised.

Try building a friendship with one of the agents,, sounds a little corny i know but if it gets you a house, who cares?lol,, give them a sob story and explain your situation.

If you can finacially afford to, offer $10 a week extra on the rent or even $5,,

Hope these help you,, and i hope you find something soon

Cal x

Hi Cal

Yes we have built up a good rapport with a couple of the agents (the main two for area) and they know our dire situation.

On one of the houses we saw today we have offered and extra $30pw plus six months up front.

We wait to hear again early next week..................................fingers crossed.

Guest milliemoo
Does it have to be Baldivis - can you look at surrounding areas?

Baldivis/Settlers Hills are the catchment areas for the school we want our daughters

to go to. We have contemplated other areas (even since we have been here) but school reputations and distances for work are the deciding factors for Baldvis.

thats awfull , i hope you get sorted have you looked in the qoukka and the west australian for maybe a private landlord, also we have been told if you want a house for a year rather than 6 months your more able to get it, we did that withours at the mo and pipped others to it ... alll the very best i really hope you get something

Guest mtcosby

hi there which real agents have ya contacted???? they are quite alot of rentals in baldivis get onto realestate.com.au they have loads on there xxx

Guest mtcosby

just a thought why not stay where ya are until ya find what ya want .. most agents will extend lease from week to week on occasions like this.. my friend is waiting to move into her new build but its dragging its feet.. she was supposed to be out of rental 3 weeks ago but she doing a week by week rental now..... just a thought.. even of its too far from school its only a short term thing x

Guest milliemoo
just a thought why not stay where ya are until ya find what ya want .. most agents will extend lease from week to week on occasions like this.. my friend is waiting to move into her new build but its dragging its feet.. she was supposed to be out of rental 3 weeks ago but she doing a week by week rental now..... just a thought.. even of its too far from school its only a short term thing x

Hi mtcosby

Good thought but we have to be out of here 25th as already rented out. Its a holiday let so costing us alot anyway.

Archived