Baby's Immunizations & visa and when to go?

RueA

Hi just wondering if anyone can advise?

We had our 176 visa granted last yr & have been and endorsed it. We are planning to get the house on the market in the next wk or so. Our daughter will be 3 in July & I'm pregnant (due in Sept).:jiggy:

I was wondering how long would it take to get baby A a visa and approx how much it costs and if we start the immunizations for him/her will it match up with the jabs in Oz? Here they have several jabs for the same disease over a period of time. :huh:

Also hubby has mentioned about going over before he/she arrives any suggestions? :spinny:

Cheers Ruth (not much to do this yr then!)

The jabs are pretty much the same, although we do vaccinate for Hep B at birth. I know when I worked in the Uk we never did give Hep B, so that was new to me working as a midwife here. What area of Australia are you considering moving too. If it is NSW I will be able to give you more info especially if you decide to have babe here.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Can't help you with the visa stuff, because both of our daughters were here when we applied, but from an immunisation point of view our youngest daughter was just 1, and our eldest was just under 3. Our eldest had had her mmr etc in the UK, so the only catch up ones she had were chickenpox (one jab) and hepatitis b (three jabs). Our youngest had had the pneumococcal/polio etc that they have when they are tiny, but hadn't had her mmr. When we got here, she had her mmr, chickenpox and hep b. We just made an appointment with the doctor, took their immunisation records from the red book in, and we worked out a schedule to bring them up to date. It was easy.

Thank you both!

We're heading to Victoria, Geelong area. At least I know I can start the immunizations here if need be. I know it's for the best but the thought of extra jabs OOhh!

She's had chicken pox so that will be one less.

Cheers again Ruth

hi if you can fly whilst pregnant as it will save you on the extra visa and passport, meds etc. We are here on a 176 and i flew out at around 33 weeks pregnant. I actualy flew the 2nd August and baby was due end of september. Gave birth here which was a better experience than it was with the other 2 in the uk and as we are on 176 my son is a citizen and has dual nationality. So if you where to fly pregnant and give birth in oz baby would get oz citizenship and would be an ozzie.

Rachael

Thanks Rachael,

I think that is what hubby is thinking I'm conserned if we don't sell the house in time but I suppose only time will tell! and if not we go out soon after. Can I ask if you were working and what you did re mat leave & pay? The earliest I can take it is beginning of July but entitled to 39wks stat mat pay. Not sure if it ends when I leave the uk? or when I hand my notice in?

Oh how was the flight?

Thanks Ruth

If your daughter has already had chickenpox bring a letter from your GP stating this as I had a few problems with Medicare as they wanted proof/reason why he had not been vacinated for it. Luckily I have a nice GP here who wrote a letter for me saying my son had had chickenpox in the UK and the system was different there so he did not require injections.

Archived