Selling car prior to return

Guest iselinger

Guest iselinger

Just finishing my 3 year stint on a 457 and about to return to the UK. I have to sell my car (2 1/2 year old Mazda CX7) but I really need it till very close to the end then I can hire one for the last few days. Location Sydney lower north shore.

If I advertise privately I have no idea how long it will take and I could end up having to hire for a couple of months or not being able to sell it before I leave.

Does anyone know of a reputable company that will give me a halfway sensible price on a forward date. I know I am not going to get top book price but I don't expect scrap value either!

When I left the UK there were several companies that I contacted but I haven't found one here yet.

Might be worth speaking to the dealer that supplied it. We are heading back to the UK soon and sold my just under 2 yr old Prado back to the Toyota dealership that I bought it from. They actually gave me a pretty good price so will probably also do the same with a Corolla hatch we bought at the same time from them (unless anyone on here might be in the market around the end of April!!).

Guest iselinger

Lizzy27 - No idea what its worth yet. I haven't even checked the book price. I will contact the dealer as suggested by HPRYCE tomorrow and get back to you.

Just finishing my 3 year stint on a 457 and about to return to the UK. I have to sell my car (2 1/2 year old Mazda CX7) but I really need it till very close to the end then I can hire one for the last few days. Location Sydney lower north shore.

If I advertise privately I have no idea how long it will take and I could end up having to hire for a couple of months or not being able to sell it before I leave.

Does anyone know of a reputable company that will give me a halfway sensible price on a forward date. I know I am not going to get top book price but I don't expect scrap value either!

When I left the UK there were several companies that I contacted but I haven't found one here yet.

I've been wondering about setting up a car swapping thread for those headed over and those headed back, I have a BMW 330 convertible and Land Rover Freelander 2 which I don't want to pay to ship to Australia but know I'll loose on the sale and a purchase on the far end, could swapping be the answer? Cash could also be exchanged to compensate for any value differences?

Guest iselinger

freebo

I guess its worth a try given that there is no cost is setting up a thread.

Any transaction would have to be directly between the two parties concerned but I suspect that its unlikely to end up in many exchanges because of the high variability of cars, timing and location.

Archived