Ielts test

thunee71

Hi

Do all people applying for Sate sponship to Vic or WA need to have IELTS test done.

Even if they have an Irish passport??

Thanks

D:chatterbox:

Doesnt it only matter if you need the extra points the test brings?

I know thats the "only" reason my mate done it

Look into this more closely.

I applied on a 175 as an accountant and didn't sit it as I didn't need the points and was a UK passport holder.

Found out a couple of months later that I had to have it to be processed as a CSL application.

I know WA wanted it for SS for accountants as I looked at going in that way too but left it as 175.

My suggestion would be to do it anyway given that the goal posts keep moving. Different people will have different views but I did the academic test as i could sit it sooner than the general and it wasn't difficult although I know a lot of intelligent people do struggle.

Reason DIAC gave was that a UK passport (so assume Irish is the same) only proves you have competent English. The IELTS proves that you are proficient!!

I was speaking to an agency in Perth earlier this week and they have a lot of Asian / Indian people contacting them whose English is very poor so I believe one of the things DIAC is proposing is to cancel processing for a lot of outstanding applications when IELTS was either not required or the required score was lower than it is now (7 across the 4 elements for accountants and nurses, possibly others too)

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi ,some visas only require you to pass the IELTS general test and some an academic test, also the level at which you have to pass differs depending what your occupation is and what the visa requires you to have. it all depends on occupation.

Archived