june brickie skills test

tony74

Hi, ive just booked my bricklayer skills test for 7th june in preston and was wondering if any other bricklayers on p.i.o have done the test, ive been a brickie 19 yrs so it shoudnt be a problem but i would love to know what to expect...please let me know if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Hi, ive just booked my bricklayer skills test for 7th june in preston and was wondering if any other bricklayers on p.i.o have done the test, ive been a brickie 19 yrs so it shoudnt be a problem but i would love to know what to expect...please let me know if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Alrite tony

I got my visa pre all these changes so didnt have to do it meself,but theres been a few posts on it and i "think" its just a cavity wall return with a rake,and a cple of pillars with a sailor and B.O.E coping.

Andrewpeppin should be on later,he's a good lad and will tell you more if you ask.

He's done the test so knows more than me.

ps dont forget your bag of indents:biglaugh:,good luck tony

Cheers Pablo, sounds easy enough just hope my nerves dont kick in on the day mate (start dropping my trowel lol) by the way whereabouts are you?

From the bluebell estate in huyton originally tony,no bluebells there tho!

Were i live now is top secret!!:wink:

bumping your post up mate,because andy peppin the bengal lancer is on:biglaugh:,and he might help with your question

Hi Tony,

If you have been a brickie for 19 years it will be a breeze mate. If its the same test as mine then you build a cavity wall corner one end with a raking cut and one end with a

broken bond stop end. Then you have to build a four brick pier up to 1500mm with a corbel and brick on edge. They give you a plan and then you have to set the corner and pier out. During the day they take you off one at a time and fire questions at you for about 20 minutes, some of these questions are quite tricky, for example they asked about the process of laying glass bricks which i hadnt done before, generally though the questions are quite straight forward, for example dpc levels, scaffolding and health and safety:shocked:.

A few tips for you, take your time as you have all day, no point in rushing and cocking up. Check your level for accuracy as one guys was out and it showed. Make sure you check out some bricklaying manuals just to refresh your brain for the questions as you will be surprised how easily you can forget simple things.

If you need anymore info then pm me anytime.

Guest brickie001

skill test thats easy part.................sussing out terd bond ,longreach,maxi's florentines, chopping round every steel in existance,t bars styrrups and rods and a gauge that no one really knows and finally get padi less than a site labourer hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

skill test thats easy part.................sussing out terd bond ,longreach,maxi's florentines, chopping round every steel in existance,t bars styrrups and rods and a gauge that no one really knows and finally get padi less than a site labourer hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Come again??:unsure:

Guest brickie001

come to oz and find out all the above are true oh yeh i forgot to mention u gotta wall with A 3:1 mix that sticks to everything and goes off quicker than a pikey does with yer sthil saw

but its fun:biglaugh:

Archived