176 - Family sponsored with CSL: New change impact

Rubab

Hi all,

I've applied 176 - Family sponsored with CSL, It used to be under Category 3 according to 23rd Sept priority rule. But now it seems that I came down to Category 4 with all the other independent 175 with CSL applicants. Is my understanding OK according to new priority rule impacted from 8th Feb 2010?

Actually I'm asking this because there's no clear direction for previous Cat 3 applicants in the new rule. Please confirm me if I'm not wrong!

• 1 month later...
Guest npmiralles

hello to everybody,

please help me as i feel like my head gonna explode!!!

i am a nurse, already anmc positive skills assessed before ielts was implemented..i applied for Victoria for ss but been refused.. now my other option is for my nephew to sponsor me..has anybody done this route before who can give me advise how to start the process please

what documents does he needs to provide and does it need to be certified and for him to send docs to me and me send with all my docs together to diac? ( im i confusing ) he is willing and he said just tell him what to do

please please help

many thanks

naomi and dave

Guest gentlereader
hello to everybody,

please help me as i feel like my head gonna explode!!!

i am a nurse, already anmc positive skills assessed before ielts was implemented..i applied for Victoria for ss but been refused.. now my other option is for my nephew to sponsor me..has anybody done this route before who can give me advise how to start the process please

what documents does he needs to provide and does it need to be certified and for him to send docs to me and me send with all my docs together to diac? ( im i confusing ) he is willing and he said just tell him what to do

please please help

many thanks

naomi and dave

You need form 1276 sponsor needs to complete form 1277.

If sponsored by an eligible relative:

Evidence that your sponsor is an Australian Citizen, permanent resident of Australia or eligible New Zealand Citizen

Evidence of your relationship to your sponsor. Please include a family tree/diagram of your relationship to your sponsor.

Completed form 80 for each person aged 16 years and over.

:hug:

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi all,

I've applied 176 - Family sponsored with CSL, It used to be under Category 3 according to 23rd Sept priority rule. But now it seems that I came down to Category 4 with all the other independent 175 with CSL applicants. Is my understanding OK according to new priority rule impacted from 8th Feb 2010?

Actually I'm asking this because there's no clear direction for previous Cat 3 applicants in the new rule. Please confirm me if I'm not wrong!

Hi Rubab

I think that your analysis is correct so far as it goes but I don't think you have considered the other side of the coin.....

The new Cat 2 is the new SMPs. None of them exist as yet. When the SMP idea was first introduced on 8th Fen 2010, the States ALL said that none of them had a clue how the SMPs are even supposed to work, so none of them had prepared even a draft. They felt that with the best possible will it would not be possible for them to agree their new SMPs with DIAC and then get them on to the Immi website for the relevant State before 1st July 2010.

It now seems that the Minister's/DIAC's ideas for the new SMPs are quite complicated. Apparently each State has to produce "research" to justify each occupation that they want on their SMP. If there is, say, a demand for Bricklayers in the relevant State, apparently the effect of this "research" is that the State will have to produce a Business Plan for Bricklayers. They are going to have to prove how many Bricklayers their State will need for 2010-2011 and whereabouts those Bricklayers will be most needed in the relevant State.

I've heard that at least one State has given up on this nonsense and say that they have no intention of bothering to produce an SMP.

Presumably the States that do decide to bother with an SMP are going to have to convince Peter Speldewinde of DIAC to accept their proposals. He is the boss of DIAC's Labour Market Branch and I can't think who else these SMPs might "sit with" if the responsibility for them does not rest with Peter Speldewinde and his own team.

Personally I think it will be 1st January 2011 before these SMPs have been thrashed out and before they go "live." In the meantime, Cat 2 will not have any effect and so your position will remain unchanged, in effect.

On another note, with regard to the SMPs, DIAC and the Minister always used to consult the Migration Institute of Australia (MIA) ages before something like an SMP would be released to the public. Loads of hugely experienced Registered Migration Agents such as George Lombard would then consider whatever the new proposal was. These RMAs would spot and would point out any flaws with the new proposals, so that by the time the new proposals became effective, the RMAs were satisfied that the new proposals would work OK in practice.

It is not possible to ask the general public what they think in advance. If you leave it to nobody except Government Officials to work these things out, inevitably you will only hear the Story according to the Federal or the individual State Govt. Between them, the RMAs do represent pretty well everyone in the general public who might apply for a skilled visa of any sort. It is a good enough cross-section of the likely applicants, who cannot be addressed by any means other than asking the RMAs who are likely to be instructed to apply for the visas on behalf of some of the applicants.

Effectively, then, the RMAs "become" the visa applicants for the purpose of spotting any flaws - the creases and wrinkles in the material - and ironing those flaws out before anybody puts the coat on.

The present Minister has stopped consultiing the MIA. The MIA don't know what the new SMPs are supposed to say or how they are supposed to work. Therefore the largest single stakeholder of them all - the general public - cannot be consulted in advance or at all.

Which is just plain stupid in my opinion....

Cheers

Gill

Archived