Guest mikewheble

Guest mikewheble

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help? My 22 year old son is off to Sydney in a few weeks for a year or two (if he can do three months WOOF)...the only problem is, he has left it late to look for accommodation (kids...tut). Does anyone know any names of hostels etc that he can stay for the first month or two? He will be looking to rent a place after that (or before if he can find somewhere).

If you could help then I would be appreciative.

Thanks

Regards

Mike:arghh:

Guest guest37336

Hi Mike.

Loads and loads to pick from. I would recommend visiting this site: YHA Australia Hostels - YHA Australia. Really great website, full of virtual tours, information etc. It may also be worth considering joining YHA (youth hostel association) as they can offer all types of discounts on stays, trips, tours etc. Hope this helps a bit.

Hi Mike,

I was in Oz in 2004, stayed in Wake Up, its a hostel in Sydney city, located on Pitt Street. Perfect location for shopping, nightlife, transport etc. Its really clean and friendly!

Your son will meet loads of folk there in a similar situation and can possibly move into an apartment with some of them!

Hope he has a great time...i'm so jealous!! LOL!

c

Guest mikewheble
Hi Mike,

I was in Oz in 2004, stayed in Wake Up, its a hostel in Sydney city, located on Pitt Street. Perfect location for shopping, nightlife, transport etc. Its really clean and friendly!

Your son will meet loads of folk there in a similar situation and can possibly move into an apartment with some of them!

Hope he has a great time...i'm so jealous!! LOL!

c

Hi CarlosK

Sounds perfect...I'll have a look at it. Cant believe it but I'm doing this and he is off to the pub...kids

Regards

Mike

Guest guest37336

Hi Mike.

Be honest, you wouldn't have it any other way! Just make sure he sends you a postcard. You know, every six months or so would be nice.:biglaugh:

Guest guest37336

Forgot to say Mike. If he enjoys a tipple or two tell him to go to the Lord Nelson, 19 Kent Street, The Rocks, Sydney. It is a micro brewery, when I was last there, several years ago, they had a glass floor where you could look at the brewing process. Be warned, the beers on tap are STRONG.

Guest mikewheble
Forgot to say Mike. If he enjoys a tipple or two tell him to go to the Lord Nelson, 19 Kent Street, The Rocks, Sydney. It is a micro brewery, when I was last there, several years ago, they had a glass floor where you could look at the brewing process. Be warned, the beers on tap are STRONG.

Sounds fantastic...I'm sure he'll love it.

Thanks

Regards

Mike

Archived