Books and Maps for young Children

keith056

Hi POI :hug:,

I am looking for some books and maps to show to my kids they are 3 and 6 :arghh:. Does anyone know of any decent sites for buying or downloading these also if anyone knows of any good videos with general things about Australia i would be grateful for any info.

Ta very much :biggrin:

Guest guest37336

Hi Keith. (Jigsaws)

This is going to sound very obvious, but try amazon. They normally have a massive range of videos, books, maps, etc. On the same subject but thinking outside the box a bit. At times it takes little ones some time to try assimilate information about Australia. Lets face it, even us adults can be somewhat confused. I did this with my two young girls. Try buying some jigsaw puzzles that feature Australia. There are loads out there that show states/territories, animals, oceans, features. Because a jigsaw is a 'game' to a lot of kids you will (hopefully) find them really enjoying it. As they are enjoying it they ask more questions and get curious, you know what kids brains are like. I know it worked with my two girls, and they were very similar ages to yours at the time. Not sure if I am allowed, but Australian Geographic have some excellent stuff online. Just a thought Keith

Hope this helps.

Archived