176 Fam sponsor non CSL non SS where are you at?

mchugh1980

Hi Everyone

Well i thought i'd just start a post for all the Cat 6 applicants who have no CSL or SS hope! so we can see how many there is of us and where we are all at

The potential of waiting till 2012 is driving us mad! anyone else feeling the same?

So if you can give a brief note about your circumstances where you want to go and your application details

Here are our details

My husband and myself are hoping to go to Queensland were been Sponsored by My sister who lives there, it took us 1 year to do our app and now ben waiting 14 months since lodge date, meds will run out in a few weeks! were beginning to think there is no hope!

Nominated Skill - Business and info Professional (NEC) (IT Support Technician)

App lodged - 16/12/2008

Meds front loaded - 03/2009

Thanks everyone at least we can all support each other!

Claire and Liam

I wish we'd have continued our application last year....

We went to Perth in APril to visit family and do some fact finding, I had my skill assessment done just before we went. When we came home we decided it wasn't for us and so didn't pursue it.

if we had we'd be so much closer now, we've had a change of heart and have decided if we don't give it a go we'll regret it forever.

My wifes uncle has agreed to sponsor us & I've got my IELTS test booked for 20 March, after that we'll send everything off and just wait. 2012 does seem a long time off though.

I'm not on the CSL list and we are just gutted that we didn't carry on last year. The only positive we have taken is that when the time to move comes the property market here should be on the up.

My Wife and myself are hoping to go to Victoria and were been Sponsored by My brother who lives there, it took us 1 year to do our app and now we are waiting 33 months since lodge date, meds and PCC already run out in November 2008.

Nominated Skill - Public Relation Officer

App lodged - 30/09/2007

Meds front loaded - 09/2008

Hi mchugh1980,You will find thousands in this category..............I am afraid things are not good for us at all.

Guest chrissy990

We're a family of 5 (kids are aged 15, 13 and 10) so by 2012 one will be 18 which could bring its own problems. We are being sponsored by my brother who is in Sydney. We too are giving up hope. Can't believe it's so hard to move to another country!!!

Nominated skill - Cook

Application lodged - June 2009

Who knows when our dream will come true!!

Christine, Vincent and kids

Guest Jan'n'Lee

Sponsored by Brother-in-law who lives in Sydney. Our meds ran out too so very frustrating and expensive!!! Chrissy990 our daughter just turned 18 so as you say this presents problems to have to wait another two years.

If we had a choice we would probably take a refund on our fees as we never expected to wait this long, totally unfair...

We are on the MODL but I dont think this will make any difference...

Nominated Occupation - Aircraft Maintenance-Structures

Date Lodged - 23/09/2008

Meds Front Loaded - 11/2008

Thanks for all your responses so far, its good to know were not on our own although we wouldnt wish this on anyone! were jus worried that when 2012 comes they might push the goal posts even further! i suppose we'll just have to hope something changes in the new financial year, starting in July.

Claire and Liam

Guest auzzycrazzy

My husband and I applied in June 2009 and my husband’s brother sponsored us, he lives in Newcastle, NSW

My husband’s nominated skill – Software quality Assurance/ Software Test Engineer

Most of the IT jobs are on MODL/CSL, unfortunately his skill is not on the list

What I am worried is, there is no guaranty that category 6s will be processed even in 2012

If they come up with some new procedure with the expected FSL, our applications will be pushed behind even further

Hi

We are family sponsored non csl but modl, by my sister in Victoria. OH Metal machinist 1st class. 3 kids 16 15 10 we are not sure whether our eldest should be looking at university here or in Oz..........

I think for now we have to live for the moment and get on with our lives, until "god knows when" if we have to wait until the end of 2012 until our application is even looked at, she would have finished her degree.

We applied for our 176 (sponsored by my brother in Perth) in May 2008.

Age 34 and 11 months when applied. Office Manager (non-CSL, non-MODL)

Application - May 2008

CO assigned 23 Dec 2008

Requested meds and PCC 24 Dec 2008

Meds received and finalised 5 Feb 2009

Then...nothing....

We're hoping that we'll be fairly quick through the door when they get to Cat 6 as it looks like we're pretty much "decision ready".

Annoyingly, if I were single, I could apply for a Remaining Relative visa as my only remaining family (both brothers) live in Perth now. But my OH's family all live in England.

Keeping fingers crossed for July. Que sera...

Hi

We are 176 family sponsered by my brother who lives in qld I am a hairdresser (modl) we have 3 kids and applied in june 2009. I have moments of going for state sponser in another state just to go up to cat5 but maybe it is like queue jumping I'll move and all of a sudden they will want family sponsered (wishful thinking), don't know what to do except wait!

Toria

Hi everyone

We are in the same boat as you all. My sister is sponsoring myself, wife and 5 year old. We visited her in Brisbane in May 09 and knew it was where we are meant to be. We started the ball rolling whilst out there and I had my TRA approved in early September (nominated skill is butcher), we were over the moon at this then 23rd Sept hit. Application and payment made in October.

We are still keeping positive though and are about to put our house up for sale this week, we want all ties broken when we finally get over. We are also considering trying to seek employer sponsorship to tide us over until we get permanent residency.

Luck to us all and lets hope their new financial year after June will bring us a clearer picture, but as our agent told us it's not a "if" we get there just "when".

Guest stillwaiting79

This is me and now finally got a company to sponsor me for 457 but they're taking their time lodging it. SO am super stressed as dont want to resume studying just for the sake of studying + wasting precious $$.

• 1 month later...
Guest The Fitz's

Lodged in my application in nov 2008. I'm sponsored by my brother-in-law who lives in Perth.

No news yet.

Guest joireland

Im going to apply for family sponsored 176 visa, project administrator, im so confused, am I in this catagory??

many thanks

Guest gentlereader
Im going to apply for family sponsored 176 visa, project administrator, im so confused, am I in this catagory??

many thanks

Yes, its where you belong.

:hug:

Guest izephyr

There are a lot of category 6 applicants since it includes MODL, too, Like you and me. There has been some rumour about some onshore category 6 applicants being assigned case officer. This may bring some hope but the information have to be changed to 'news' from 'rumour' to be hopeful.

By the way, '2012' is a mystery and long way to come. Lets DIAC solve the 2010 puzzle first.

Guest pippa1

Please, please, please let some onshore category 6 be assigned case officers:biggrin: Would love to believe this, but I bet they are SS applicants...I have also read other forums and there are some seriously confused onshore applicants!!

Live in hope tho eh!

Guest parkinfour

Hi, we too are in this cat. My husband is applying under family sponsorship, his aunt lives in Melbourne. OH is a project administrator.He has positive skills assesment just awaiting ILETS score and then can lodge. We expect to be joining a very long queue :(

Perhaps we can all hope that all these changes will eventually work in speeding up the process and getting some cat 6 processed. I wonder all the time what implication the new SOL will have and if any of the processing orders will change depending on whether your job is on it or not...

Wishing everyone alot of luck.

Hi,

We lodged in July 2009, nominated occupation system manager, sponsored by my uncle in Perth, no news so far...

Archived