Advice needed regarding City & Guilds Qualifications

mdesai11

Hi, I was wondering whether anybody would know what the AQF (Australian Qualifications Framework) equivalent (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, diploma or degree) would be for the following City & Guilds courses:

Electrical & Electronic Engineering Technicians Part I

Information Technology

Electrical Science/Electrical Draughting

I am trying to help my sister and brother in law but we are finding it very difficult to work out whether he (bro in law) has the required qualifications to be able to get a successful skills assessment.

He is a CAD Engineer and also has management responsibilities for several staff. It is also quite challenging to work out which profession would be best to choose from on the SOL. I think once we know what the qualifications sum up to, we may be in a better position.

Has anybody out there managed to get a successful skills assessment with city and guilds qualification(s)?

To sum up, please can anybody advise us on:

- The AQF equivalent for City and guilds as detailed above?

- Which profession is best to choose for a CAD Engineer/Manager

- Has anybody managed to get a successful skills assessment with City and Guilds qualifications?

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks.

Guest Kid Kutz

Best position would probably be Engineering Associate or Technician.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but i don't think city and guilds will cut it, he'll probably need a HND or HNC. Engineers Australia or Vetassess are the assessors, they might be able to give you more info.

If it helps i'm a CAD manager in the same position, 18 years experience but no recognised qualifications, my only way in seems to be Employee Sponsored 457 visa. But the search for a job isn't going great.

• 2 months later...
Guest NicoDavout

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me about my qualifications.

I have master of science in Mechatronics: Computer Aided Engineering, but I am working as Technical Author/Writer.

What occupation should I apply in SOL/ENSOL list to get a successful skills assessment? The one I am working in or the one on diploma. There is Technical Writer (VETASSESS), but I can't find anything for mechatronics and I hardly fall under mechanics/electronics engineer...

Thank you very much for any help.

Archived