Selling car before you go?

Guest col&dee

Guest col&dee

:wideeyed: Hi all,

We are thinking about what is the best way to sell the car before we set off to Oz. We have had a look at a couple of online sites who buy your car from you. The prices they quote seem to be quite good and they come to collect your car from you. Has anyone sold their car in this way, if so, can you let us know how it all went?

Cheers

Guest gary12

Col&dee

I sold my car at the end of last year. I advertised it in Auto Trader and ended up with a load of canvasser calls saying they could sell my car for a rip off fee.

I then put it on ebay for a week and it was gone within 3 days for just £200 less than the asking price and bang on what I wanted for it. It was really easy to list and I think cost less than the auto trader ad.

You can opt to either put it on as an auction or a buy now price. I know several people who have bought and sold in this way and would highly recommend it.

hope this helps

Michelle

Hi i am :sad: i think i have sold my car 2day the bloke is phoning 2morrow.I put it on auto trader 4 a 6 week advert and if this bloke phones back it has took 4 weeks 2 sell.We are not in a rush as the visa application has only just gone in,but as it is a onvertible now is the best time and not the winter.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I sold mine to a guy looking to buy all makes of cars in the local paper, i got less than I would selling private but it was only £100 below what I would have dropped the price to if selling private and it was easy no hassle cheque in the hand after 5 mins.

The top price for my car was £2500 private sale a more realistic price considering it had a couple of door scuff marks needed new pads and tyres £2000-2200 sold to the dealer for £1900.

Guest The Jenners

Another vote for eBay - sold two cars and a bike... one car went to the first caller on a Buy It Now 2 days after the auction started - now THAT stuffed us up a bit hehe!

A good problem to have though :)

Archived