Stamp Duty in QLD for 1st Time Buyers??????

Guest Nom&Nat

Guest Nom&Nat

Hello folks

Bit confused about this....................Do you have to pay Stamp Duty on property bought in Queensland if you are a FIRST TIME home owner?????? If yes how much would it be on a property worth $A270,000? Any other hidden costs or any tips for me? Can I buy a propery in Oz while still living in the UK (We have Permanent Residence Visas?)

Any help would be great

Many thanks

Nom & Nat

Guest s-jmelbournewannabe

I didn't think you did as in NSW you are exempt but my mate on Sunshine coast says you do have to pay it but you get a $7000 'gift' from government.... Not sure how much stamp duty is though you might want to email an agent on Realestate.com.au they will help you on this.... Hope this helps S-j x

Guest BullcreekBob
Hello folks

Bit confused about this....................Do you have to pay Stamp Duty on property bought in Queensland if you are a FIRST TIME home owner?????? If yes how much would it be on a property worth $A270,000? Any other hidden costs or any tips for me? Can I buy a propery in Oz while still living in the UK (We have Permanent Residence Visas?)

Any help would be great

Many thanks

Nom & Nat

G'day

If your PR visa's have already been validated, you can buy an existing property whilst still in the UK.

In QLD, there is no stamp duty on a $270K for first home buyers. A settlement agent will charge somewhere around $1,000 plus probably another another $200 or so for "incidentals". There is a $319.20 fee for registering the land transfer. You will be eligible for the $7,000 First Home Owners Grant.

Guest Nom&Nat

Bob

Many thanks for your quick help! I think its good news and gives me a peace of mind.

Thanks again from a smiling Scotsman!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Russfamily

If u go to Aussiehomes.com.au they have all the calculators for stamp duty plus any other hidden costs you dont know about, any way qld have just announced its going to get rid of stamp duty 50 % this year and 50 % later on check it out also on aussiehomes

Archived