Excavator Licence

Proview220

If one has a Excavator Licence here in the uk, would this be ok to use in oz or would one have to re- sit test.

any info on this would be great

proview

unfortunately your UK licence is of no use to you in australia. I see from your profile that you're heading to Queensland so Earthmoving Equipment and Particular Crane Operation - Workplace Health and Safety Queensland

should be of some help. hope this answers your question.

For my backhoe ticket I never took a test; it's 50 hours on-the-job experience and they gave it to me.

but did you have to do a workcover ticket before your on the job experience ?

hi dont know bout qld but here in wa i had to go and get an excavator competencey ticket its a written test followed by a practical in a machine / but i showed them my citb cpcs card from uk and didnt have to go on machine /as this was major evidence of operating / 375 dollars

i also had to sit my hr drivers licence this is mainly for your employers on site insurance there are 3 types of licence syncromesh / automatic/ and unlimited / some employers insist on the unlimited one . most people need between 10 /12 lessons at 90 dollars per hour /learners permit and touchscreen test 80 dollars and finaly the test 180 dollars

u also need a blue card / white card for all construction jobs here 100 dollars

on the plus side theres loads of work here in construction and mining for operators and good money to lol

hope this helps cheers keily /

• 10 months later...
Guest Excavatorman

Hey There, I just got my excavator and skid steer loader license here in NSW, would I be able to work with the same license in WA? Please if anybody knows about any job opportunity in the mining industry please let me know, I will move immediately to WA if possible.

Thank you all, and have a wonderful holidays.

• 1 year later...
Guest Dave Digger

Hi, I'm very simular to urself proview I'm looking at goin Australia in januar 2013 if u could help, I've worked on the ground on all aspect ov civils and moved on to the plant and machinery side of the company, I have experince driving on building sites eg: sinking shafts deep drainage and triming up. I am currently working on the biggest granite quarry in europe located on a island off scotland so I'm familiar with working with the 777's and the big kit. Kiely since reading forums for about a year ur comments are very helpfull would there be any chance of direct msg u about a few questions ? And if any1 else could help me plz reply

Hello Dave,

Your probably actually better starting a new thread, this one is likely to go unnoticed because its so old. Maybe the mods could move it for you if they're looking.

The problem is that its hard to find sponsorship for digger drivers.

There are a lot all in the same position. What age are you though? that might help

No problem, everyones the same when they first come on here!

23 is briliant.. Get yourself a working holiday visa and get your butt over to oz lol you shouldnt have a problem finding work once you have your aussie licence. The harder bit is being sponsored to stay permanently but its not impossible. You've got a better chance because you can go over and show employers your skills rather than having to ask them to sponsor you first, if that makes sense?

Best of luck!

Archived