down under live expo - London 30/31 Jan

basil

We went to an aussie expo a few years back (pre-visa) and it was a waste of time for us then, lots of people handing out leaflets and seminars regurgitating stuff from the DIAC webby we already new.

But now we have a visa and I'm wondering if it might be now more interesting and useful?

Has anyone been to one recently, any views?

Down Under Live - Emigration Seminars - Live

Guest James1972
I'm in a similar position, I get the impression that career wise its only really for healtchare workers.

Does look that way Down Under Live - Emigration Seminars - Jobs

Might go to see the "movers", hope to have visa by then.

We are only 35 mins on the train from London so might tie it in to taking the kids out in London. They are at that age where they love train rides anyway.

Freebo, last time we went OH met some good contacts for recruitment consultants they were really interested in him and his CV.....until he mentioned he didn't have the visa. So hopefully things might be different this time, not really expecing specific job discussions but nice to have some name and face contacts for arrival job search really.

James, I am also thinking movers too and maybe some clues on arrival accommodation.

I've booked out tickets as they're only a fiver each so it's worth a quick look round regardless for us, might make it all seem a bit more real!

Freebo, last time we went OH met some good contacts for recruitment consultants they were really interested in him and his CV.....until he mentioned he didn't have the visa. So hopefully things might be different this time, not really expecing specific job discussions but nice to have some name and face contacts for arrival job search really.

Interesting thanks, what line of work is your OH in?

erm it's a bit of a swear word at the moment.....banking.

Discalimer: he's not actually a banker, he's more IT.

Thanks & understand - may make the trip over after all (me=IT too, finance,telecoms, utilities, govt, utilities etc).

Hi there

I got free tickets last week for the London one. I went to the website and in the ticket section, it said people in certain occupations, I'm a nurse (can't remember what the others were now) could apply for free ones.

They were emailed to me a couple of days later. I can't see it on the site now for London, but try googling it and see if you can find out about freebies

Rachel

fossda, yes I think it says if you're on the CSL or MODL (! because you can be on MODL but cat 6 for visas) you can get free tickets.

I couldn't find the link for free tickets in London, but I can for Cardiff (where I would qualify for a free one) - so maybe its an earlybird offer, to attract numbers for exhibitors.

Archived