Jump for joy (457 granted) 15 days

touch107fm

Well guys.. Guess what at 03.04 am today my girlfriend got a email telling us that there is a backlog and our 457 visa application could be delayed by a few months...

Follow by another email approx 20 minutes later tell us Both our visa's have been granted......... jump for joy......

I am so over the moon it the best news ever. I know I have being like most people on this forum looking for help.

First off I would like to thank all those who helped me with our application.

Our story as I told it back November 2009..

Hi everyone just wanted to say a big hello. I was doing a some research into Australia as things have changed in my life in the last month.

I am a 29 year Irish male living in London I am currently working for the BBC as a Engineer. My girlfriend is a nurse and she recently went to OZ for 6 months. She wants to live in Oz for a couple of years. I wasn't to sure about heading over because I got a good job at the BBC. Well I got the biggest bombshell last Sunday week and I was told that my contract will be terminated on the 31st of December. Not good I was in shock when they told me due to cost saving and a case of last in First out. I was up against guys who where there for 20 or 30 years.. So what is next, Girlfriend has just gone to oz + now I am just about to lose my job. Well trying to stay positive is my main aim. I got my experience and I am not afraid to turn my hand to whatever work comes my way. I realise that there is a major recession and people are losing there jobs left right and centre.

Now here is why the reason why i am here on this great site.

I have being to oz before on a working holiday visa loved it but could not get work in broadcast/media because of my visa restrictions. Now my girlfriend has always wanted to live in OZ. She is a nurses. So the plan we made about 1 year ago was for her to test the and live and work in Sydney in nursing. She is currently about 3 month into her 6 months. So as I said plans have changed, she now wants me to go out to her in Sydney and give living out there a go. I know I would love it but I am worried she will start to miss home and then want to move home after a year or so. So far she is loving it and she keeps saying that she is totally happy out there but she keeps says that she will not be completely happy until we are both together in Sydney. [/font]

So I have done a little homework and so has my girlfriend. She has a meeting with someone from work to talk about getting sponsored at her hospital and from what her adviser has told her I should be able to get a DE facto visa on the back of her visa.

OK so that was back in November. A update. Well work decided they didn't want me to go at Xmas and i am currently working away in fact I have never being busier with work I got a load of new projects and I know there are going to be upset when I tell them I am leaving.

My girlfriend loves it over there and she told me last week there was no way she was going back to the UK. She loves it.... Just what I wanted to hear.

It was my biggest concern that after 6 months she started to miss the UK and her family. I don't want to uproot and then have to return to the UK after 9 months. Only time will tell. I am seriously very happy right now. WE GOT OUR VISA'S

OK here is a timeline. Please note we applied online as she is over in Sydney and i am over in London.

Applied online on the 5th on January:

Started uploading Documents such as:

Joint bank (we only got one set up in Sept 2009)

Lots of pictures of me and her together

Both of our scanned certified passports

Both CV'S

Old facebook emails to and from each other

P60

My bank statement showing how much cash I have got saved...

Scanned wedding invite

My girlfriend sent a couple of documents from her hospital in Sydney (Job offer etc)

I think that was it, I spent a few nights going through all our crap looking for old statements etc. God was I stressed.

I ask few questions about insurance on this site. We ended up getting private insurance and will probably sort out medicare when we get settled.

I am very surprised that they have not asked me for my :

Police checks

My medicals

I actually ordered my police check... My girlfriend did all hers when she applied for a job in Sydney and uploaded hers to the application.

Today is the 19 of January so that took 11 days not bad eh.

I play on joining my girlfriend in Sydney around the first week in April. I may have a job lined up fingers crossed.

Me and my girlfriend are looking forward to our lives in Australia. I am going their with a open mind and will embrace the culture change and of course the weather.

I have being on this forum reading all the posts about people comparing OZ to the UK. It really makes me laugh why compare its on the other side of the world. Its not England so get over it. I have being lucky enough to have travelled all over the world, I have lived in Sydney for a year and loved it. One thing that annoy me is why do people complain how things are not like what its like in the UK. Its all about embracing the new culture..

I am not going to go on about this rant as I am too happy to rant right now ....

Once again thanks again to all that helped me and my girlfriend out ...

PS

I also involved in a unknown sport called paramotoring and will be flying as soon as my gear arrives from the UK. If any of you Sydney folk fancy joining me as I be looking to gain some flying buddies to join me.

check out the video and see what you think. Its not me in video buy you will get the idea..

Peace 2010 ..

Guest juliemtaylor

wow really quick! congrats.

I intend to go and find out what Oz has to offer next month just as it is..

Julie x

Congratulations!

My 457 was lodged on 11 January, so I'm hoping ours will be approved n the next few days like yours too! Bloody hope so anyway, as flight are booked for 9th Feb and about to confirm our accommodation in Sydney for when we arrive!

• 1 year later...
Guest gufti

Well Played on getting your visa through so quick.

I wondered if you could give me a bit of advice. I have just got a job offer in perth and signed the contract. The employer will sponsor me on the 457 visa and my wife will be able to work off the back of this as a defacto spouse. I signed the contract last week and the agent reckons it will take 4-6 weeks. So far he has only asked for our place of birth and date of birth and full names for the visa.

I get the feeling that it is a little more tricky than this and that a lot of paperwork needs to be filled in. Can anyone help as I want to be preparedso can speed this through.

Thanks

Archived