plastering jobs

Guest jackthelad

Guest jackthelad

Hi new to the forum, thinking of moveing with my family to oz.I have had my work visa accepted and a possible sponsor of my work visa. sponsor company told me they wud def sponcor me but have to find job first how can i do this if not sure when cuming out please help :wacko: im a plasterer and wondering the best place 4 work and my family thanks

Hi new to the forum, thinking of moveing with my family to oz.I have had my work visa accepted and a possible sponsor of my work visa. sponsor company told me they wud def sponcor me but have to find job first how can i do this if not sure when cuming out please help :wacko: im a plasterer and wondering the best place 4 work and my family thanks

Have sent you a pm

x

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Im new too, Im wanting to move to australia for at least a year to work as a plasterer, just looking for any help and advice possible.

Would be great to hear from you!

Thanks

Guest Letasha

Hi guys just wondering what type of plasterers you are? My other half is a plasterer (solid) and we have found that its different from the UK. More drylining and much less skimming which is what he mainly does here. Did the employers specify as to what kind of work it would be?

hi, oh is solid plasterer. Plasterers in perth just do that. there is no skimming it is all render. oh says its done totaly diffrent to the uk and is a lot harder. He advises that your better not to come out to do plastering as your mostly paid by the meter and he says you cant keep up with the ozzies and get it spot on first time. They lay it all on first and as it starts to dry they grind it back.

Also at the moment in perth there isnt much work for plasterers, if you can do concrete then there is more work and its done just like the uk. Think most tradies are waiting for the mines etc to start again in the hope there will be some more work about.

Rachael

Guest Letasha

That doesnt sound too promising Rach,how are you guys getting on? Is you OH getting enough work to keep him going tho? Although its my visa we are coming on I was hoping there wd be plenty of work for Paul. Oh well he always bangs on about being a househusband - he might just get his wish lol

Hi, oh is working for an engineering company at the moment and as he is also an all rounder builder he does a bit of everything. He is paid an hourly rate so not that bad. But plasterers are paid either by the meters or a day rate her. Also he will need a blue card/white card. He will also need abn number as nearly all plasterers are basicaly subbbies here.

try this website www.jobsearch.gov.au/findajob

This is a jobs search website, its a bit like the jobcentre one.

Rachael

Archived