20, irish and want to live in SA and work as teacher

Guest escape2010

Guest escape2010

im just trying to figure out how i can live over in SA. Il get my BA in English and History this year and want to work there as middle/secondry school teacher

i was thinking of enrolling in one of the universities in SA for an education graduate dip but i cant afford the fees (around 18000-24000 per year not including living expenses, accomadation and student visa) to do a year i think i'd need around $36000 and most of the courses are 2 years

would it be a good idea to work there for two years on the holiday worker visa and try to save up? could i earn that much but doing fruit picking or waitress work if all id did there was just work.

Or is there any other was of doing it like could i get sponsorship from one of the regional schools even though im an international student and how could i organise that?

I heard you might not need an education dip to work in a private school over there...

i was thinking i could also stay here and save first but honestly i just want to get over there ASAP and with the recession theres little likelihood of getting good work

advice?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Archived