ACS Dilemma

User Name

Hi,

This is my situation.

I finished my IT degree on 16th December 2009. Gathered my paperworks had it certified and everything needed and sent it to ACS (clarence street address) via normal post on 11th January 2009.

I applied as 2231-79 (the nec category). I sent my payment via Australia Post money order along with my applications.

Now 11th January is on a monday, and this is already friday. Since I posted it in Sydney, it should be delievered by next day (tuesday the 12th) or Wednesday (13th) at the very latest.

I havent heard from them yet. Though it says to wait 7-10 working days, I cant see why it would take long to send the acknowledgement email.

Does it normally take them a while to send the acknowledgement email? Or is it just me being overly paranoid?

I did the paper application because I couldnt dig out why I had to submit attachment when I still need to post them my certified hardcopies of documents.

Cheers,

AI

Your application is probably already at ACS, but someone there has to manually capture all your details on the system before sending you acknowledgement email, so realistically allow for next week before calling to complain. Had you done it online, your acknowledgment would have been much faster, mine was within 2 days of documents receipt.

Thanks guys.

I did try online but when I clicked "submit" it just went "you need to upload attachments".

I was under the impression that you couriered your documents hence didnt get why I had to upload attachments. Didnt even say what kind of attachment. Its the worst example of any online application form I ever dealt with. Hence opted for the manual ones.

I realised I should have done registered post as you get a receipt which you can for applying for bridiging visa for 485. Thats was my plan B, to go for 485's bridging visa in case my assessment isnt due by my visa's expiry.

Anyway, I'll wait till this coming friday before ringing them. Normally I wouldnt worry too much about it but given the new changes are in effect from 01-02-2010, I need have it acknowledged by then.

Archived