Renting in Clontarf:)

Briggy

Guest Guest31881
Hi were renting in Clontarf for a few weeks, we will be there next Fri. Just wondered if anyone knows where we can get a cheap half decent car from.

Many thanks

Briggy x:wubclub:

Hi Welcome to Brisbane.

I am sure you will love it here,

The words 'Cheap & car, do not go together in Australia, second hand cars are expensive here, If no one can suggest anything, try sending 'CalNgary' a PM, cal tends to know about these things and may be able to point you in the right direction.

:biggrin:

Hi Welcome to Brisbane.

The words 'Cheap & car, do not go together in Australia, second hand cars are expensive here, If no one can suggest anything, try sending 'CalNgary' a PM, cal tends to know about these things and may be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for your reply, if I can't find anything I will be sure to message 'CalNgary'

Cheers

Briggy:wubclub:

Hi were renting in Clontarf for a few weeks, we will be there next Fri. Just wondered if anyone knows where we can get a cheap half decent car from.

Many thanks

I have bought from a husband and wife car yard in Redcliffe, very honest [surprising]

Last week a friend from UK came here to live, and bought one off him, a 2001 Ford Futura, excellent condition all over, paid $5600 and an extra 12 months warranty Australia wide. Let me know when you get here, and I will help you if you need it.

Hi Welcome to Brisbane.

I think Cal has her car for sale :biggrin:

Love

Rudi

x

Hi guys my car is for sale its a 2005 silver mitsubushi lancer, i have it advertised for $10,995.

I also have a wagon here that belongs to family who have returned to the UK, its a 1999 Daewoo Estate ,and its cheap and cheerful at $2250.

Both cars are roadworthy and in good condition.

We can deliver to Clontarf if a deal is arranged.

Cal x

hi briggy, what's renting in clontarf like? is the area nice?

we are lookin at possibly moving to clontarf, redcliffe aug/sept, any info

that you may have i would love to hear from you

hi briggy, what's renting in clontarf like? is the area nice?

we are lookin at possibly moving to clontarf, redcliffe aug/sept, any info

that you may have i would love to hear from you

Hi hun,

Well weve been here for 2 days, our rental isn't what we expected, as when I booked it did have a pool. God do you need a pool here:( It's sooooooooooooo warm but hey were not complaining. We have been walking everywhere at the mo, you do need a car here for sure. The area is nice but obviously you have to just look arround. The people here are lovely and fall over backwards to help you.

Were going to have a walk to Margate and Redcliffe today and tomorrow. So if you want any more info I will gladly help. We feel a bit like a fish out of water, not knowing where to go and not knowing anyone. But a very kind lady at the airport said she would call in and see us this week she only lives a street away. She worked in the exchange place in Brisbane.

The peeps at the airport were all very helpful, the even let me bring my cats ashes in no questions asked as I declared him.

Are you comming with ikkle kiddies, or just you and your partner? Do you have any family here?

Cheers

Briggy x:cool:

Guest guest30038

Hi Briggy,

We're just over the bridge at bracken ridge and have been here pushing 15 yrs. If you want info, a chat, a cuppa, or something stronger, just hoi me a pm. I can pick you up if you want a look around this area, before you get a vehicle.

Good luck

kev

thank you briggy for your reply, i hope you settle in really fast yourself.

my oh is going to go ahead of me, he's got a sister in caboolture, were he will be based for a while, then myself & 4 kidz will follow out, my eldest is wil be 15 this year, so would like a bit closer to brisbane for his sake.

6 yrs ago we went out together to sydney, oh has family are there, but i lasted less than a yr there, i found it too hard to settle, times were a lot different then, ireland was booming, now it's on its knees!!

are you guys on your own out there, or do you have family with you?

Hi Briggy,

We have just moved to Clontarf, actually got rental on Wednesday. We landed in Bris on 7th Jan, stayed in Shorncliffe for 2 weeks and then settled on Clontarf to live as OH has job in Kippa Ring and I could have to travel to city. You are right about the heat - we are struggling as left the snow in the NE England to this heat lol!!! however I can walk to the beach. I am obviously new but if can help in any way just pm me

Lisa x

thank you briggy for your reply, i hope you settle in really fast yourself.

my oh is going to go ahead of me, he's got a sister in caboolture, were he will be based for a while, then myself & 4 kidz will follow out, my eldest is wil be 15 this year, so would like a bit closer to brisbane for his sake.

6 yrs ago we went out together to sydney, oh has family are there, but i lasted less than a yr there, i found it too hard to settle, times were a lot different then, ireland was booming, now it's on its knees!!

are you guys on your own out there, or do you have family with you?

Hi hun,

Your lucky you have family here, we are on our own. But peeps are so friendly hear.

We walked to redcliffe today and Margate, thaought it would only take us an hour. :biglaugh:What prats we were 4 hours later we made it to Margate shopping centre burnt. So we are suffering now, mad dogs and English men ha ha. Never again. But they have fab beaches there more pubs just lovely. So wherever you pick I'm sure you will be very happy.

Cheers Briggy.:cool:

Hi Briggy,

We have just moved to Clontarf, actually got rental on Wednesday. We landed in Bris on 7th Jan, stayed in Shorncliffe for 2 weeks and then settled on Clontarf to live as OH has job in Kippa Ring and I could have to travel to city. You are right about the heat - we are struggling as left the snow in the NE England to this heat lol!!! however I can walk to the beach. I am obviously new but if can help in any way just pm me

Lisa x

Hi Lisa,

We landed Fri totally tierd out what a journey.

We live on Thomas street, where abouts are you. We have jobs yet to find. In our fourties just me and OH.

Where abouts from north east as were from Yarm near Stockton.

We did the long four hour walk and ended up burnt, then to top it off we went to Margate shopping centre only to find when we jumped in a Taxi he had it fitted with thick plastic covering, my hubby siad we'll have lost 3 stone by the time we get out of here, not very tactful at all.:biglaugh:

I'm looking to go into caring (training) I've been working in a home for a couple of years as a domestic and now need a change. But if a decent domestic job comes up then I will do that what ever comes first.

Hubby is a cabinet fitter, a company want to meet up with him so fingers crossed.

The rental was a bit of a shock as the one I booked had a pool thats why I booked it, only to find the lady booked us into this one although very clean, it's not the one I booked. It's over grown and lots of big spiders, don't mind other things but hate spiders:no:

So first impressions not good but it's only tempary. And the peeps are all freindly here:) They all smile and say hello too, cool.

briggy xxx

Hi Briggy

We near you in Yacht street, we have 6 month rental here - chose here as OH as job in kippa-ring (he is a Ward Manager for Queensland Health) which he starts next week and I am also a nurse(no job yet) but have to keep options open so may need to travel to city - so need quick access off peninsula - but will review again after 6 months

We lived in Fishburn before we came here which was a village next to Sedgefield so not too far from yourselves. We have 13 yr old son who starts Clontarf State High School on Wednesday but I don't think hes quite forgiven me from dragging him out of sedgefield comp so fingers crossed it goes ok.

If you fancy meeting up at all or popping round when settled just give us a shout

Lisa

Hi Briggy

We near you in Yacht street, we have 6 month rental here - chose here as OH as job in kippa-ring (he is a Ward Manager for Queensland Health) which he starts next week and I am also a nurse(no job yet) but have to keep options open so may need to travel to city - so need quick access off peninsula - but will review again after 6 months

We lived in Fishburn before we came here which was a village next to Sedgefield so not too far from yourselves. We have 13 yr old son who starts Clontarf State High School on Wednesday but I don't think hes quite forgiven me from dragging him out of sedgefield comp so fingers crossed it goes ok.

If you fancy meeting up at all or popping round when settled just give us a shout

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Just looked you up on the local map you are only 2 streets away:) Would be lovely to pop round and have a chat. Were just in the house at the mo chilling after our adventure yesterday if you see the clip of us, funny.

We used to go to Sedgefield car booty.

Were just trying to sort out Tax ref numbers and medicare. So a bit in the air at the mo.

So yes would love to meet up just give us a shout:):wubclub:

Brig and Darryl.

Hi Briggy,

We're just over the bridge at bracken ridge and have been here pushing 15 yrs. If you want info, a chat, a cuppa, or something stronger, just hoi me a pm. I can pick you up if you want a look around this area, before you get a vehicle.

Good luck

kev

Hi Kev,

Thank you for your message, maybe take you up on your offer:) Feel a bit like fish out of water at the mo.

Weve been walking everywhere at the mo an boy is it hot, but we will aclimatise by the winter ha ha.

Thanks again.

Briggy:wubclub:

Hi Briggy you there already was thinking you were going tomorrow. sound like you're having a ball hope to see you soon

Kev if you want to offer that pick up and show us round bracken ridge will take you up on it - I'm cheeky I know - but its one of areas we are thinking of ............

Sam

Hi Briggy you there already was thinking you were going tomorrow. sound like you're having a ball hope to see you soon

Kev if you want to offer that pick up and show us round bracken ridge will take you up on it - I'm cheeky I know - but its one of areas we are thinking of ............

Sam

Yes we are here, and loving it.

Even tho we got burnt.

I think Kev should get a poms tour bus:) And just pay for the day for him to be a cheauffer.Ha ha.

We are looking to move into Chermside as weve been offered a 2 bed granny flat for $200 a week all been modernised and furnished, the guy just wants some pocket money as he is on his own.

You'll be out soooooooooon.

Don't forget your sun cream ha ha.

Cheers

Briggy x:cool:

Guest guest30038

Sam

Ok Sam, sent you a pm

kev

You got transport yet Briggy? Mine's an eight seater so if you need a lift, give me a yell.

kev

Hi Kev,

Yes we got some today an ikkle rental, our landlady said it was about 6mins walk:(

Yet again 1/2 hr walk to thrifty car hire on your way to kippa-ring. But it's good to be mobile.

Hubby's got an interview today with a guy from custom wardrobes from Brendale, good position too for him, so hope all goes well, keeping my fingers crossed. He's driving over here to meet up with my OH.

And he was the guy that has a friend (old guy) that has a rental in Chermside for us if we want it, no contracts or deposits. Which is good so keep your fingers crossed all goes well for us.

Thanks again Kev for your lovely offer, nice to know there are peeps like you willing to lend a hand.

Cheers

P.s. have a tinny on me:)

Guest guest30038
Hi Kev,

Yes we got some today an ikkle rental, our landlady said it was about 6mins walk:(

Yet again 1/2 hr walk to thrifty car hire on your way to kippa-ring. But it's good to be mobile.

Hubby's got an interview today with a guy from custom wardrobes from Brendale, good position too for him, so hope all goes well, keeping my fingers crossed. He's driving over here to meet up with my OH.

And he was the guy that has a friend (old guy) that has a rental in Chermside for us if we want it, no contracts or deposits. Which is good so keep your fingers crossed all goes well for us.

Thanks again Kev for your lovely offer, nice to know there are peeps like you willing to lend a hand.

Cheers

P.s. have a tinny on me:)

tell your hubby, "good luck" from me.

kev

• 11 months later...
Guest Jamie Hunter

Hey Briggy,

What do you think of Clontarf in general? Are all the areas decent enough? We're looking at clontarf and woody point to rent from April / May so any tips would be greatly appreciated :-)

Archived