NURSING - what is the best visa to go by??

Lil Bev

Help! What is the best way for a nurse to get into Aus? skilled independent visa or employer sponsership (if this can be gained!)? Hopefully moving to Adelaide in just over 18 months time with my husband, any info would be much appreciated!

Bev x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Bev

Have you looked at the nurses thread at the top of this page it may have your answer, if not maybe post on there as that's where all the nurses hang out.

Kate

Quickest way is the 457. Have a look into nursing agencies. genva health, ICP (?)

ENS is out there but not from the onset usually, you have to offer the employer up to 12 months service before they will support ENS then you will be tied to them for approx 3 years (in most cases).

Best advice - get your PR. If your with a partner and they arent a nurse, make sure they get a job and then get work when you land in Oz......you wont be waiting long.........

its too easy to jump and suffer the consequences.

My wife got a 457 as a nurse and weve been over here since sept and ive yet to find work. A lot of rejections are due to the 457, it puts employers off......

PR is the way to go if you want an 'easier' ride.......

good luck.x

Guest PommieLady

As a nurse you are in the very fortunate position of being considered priority for permanent residency. I would strongly recommend that you look at this option, it gives you greater flexibility, less problems later on as well as helping your OH in getting a job when you emigrate.

The speedy visa's are usually for employers who find it difficult to attract locals.... there is often a reason for this. Agency's get a lot of commission for a reason. Once in one of these jobs it is often very difficult to change job and the employers aren't always so helpful when you apply for PR.

It might seem appealing when you are desperate to move over here but I think the extra couple of months is worth the wait, I know I don't regret going the PR route.

Good Luck

:wubclub:

Guest GotStillNerves
I think you have to have worked a minimum of 20 hours per week in the 12 months prior to application, to qualify for the ANMC skills assessment

Hi Ali,

sorry but that´s not quite right.

There is no certain work exp. requirement for the ANMC skills assessment other than you have to have worked for at least 3 months in the last 5 years ( and that is without a certain amount of required hours ).

But if one wants to apply for PR in Australia then that is when the "20 hours per week in the last 12 months" rule comes into play. But that`s a DIAC requirement not an ANMC requirement.

regards

Hi Ali,

sorry but that´s not quite right.

There is no certain work exp. requirement for the ANMC skills assessment other than you have to have worked for at least 3 months in the last 5 years ( and that is without a certain amount of required hours ).

But if one wants to apply for PR in Australia then that is when the "20 hours per week in the last 12 months" rule comes into play. But that`s a DIAC requirement not an ANMC requirement.

regards

No Worries, it was over 3 years ago that I applied for my PR and skills assessment with the ANMC

Archived