Watch out Melbourne we have landed....

shaunkaren

Guest The Pom Queen
Kate

The cameras were safely tucked away after midnight, I thought I got in at 11pm and was reminded by Shaun it was 1am!!!

Karen x

PMSL it seems a few of you had problems with the time:laugh:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right the next chapter of our reccie - the container arrived!!!! Having unpacked about 50 boxes have decided to have a little rest and comment on what I wish I had done before I left and what I really didn't need to bring!

What I wish I had done about two weeks before we left

Filled all the drawers up with towels and bedding, giving it time to settle then I could have squeezed more in just before we left!! Alternatively vacumn packed everything LOL!

When people tell you to bring everything don't take it literally!!!

I have so far discovered 160m's of cling film - my OH's raised eyebrows said it all!!! I could have squeezed in another pillow instead of that.

Things I am glad I brought with me

Beer fridge (although it looks like a baby compared to an Aussie's idea of one!)

Wine Cooler

Ice Packs

Hmmm, these all seem to be on a theme!!!

Right back to unpacking, maybe I will find 160m's of tin foil next!!!!

Karen x

Guest juliemtaylor
Julie

When are you flying? I hope you have an easy journey.

Sue

Thanks, we are flying on 20th Feb, 3 nights in Singapore and then arrive in Mel on 25th!

Julie x

• 1 month later...

Time for next chapter!

We have been here 10 weeks and are still loving it. The children have been away for the past 9 days on Somers Camp where they get to do anything from surfing to rock climbing, the only feedback we have is 'do we have to come home?' so think that is fairly positive!!

I have been job hunting and applied for one job and then had an interview - first one in 15 years so a bit terrified when I got there! They are getting references so fingers crossed xxxxxx We love Berwick - it has a great feel to it and is located perfectly for the beach and city IMHO. All the people we have met here have been so friendly and helpful we couldn't have asked for more.

I do miss a few things from the UK - people being the BIGGEST one but also some weird things which are listed below.

1. Proper dusters

2. Proper dishcloths

3. Gravy granules

4. Primark and its cheap and cheerful clothes

5. Angel Delight (on behalf of Ashmalog!!!)

6. Tesco.com (you don't know how lucky you are until you lose something!!!!)

All the above said I wouldn't swap my life here for all the goodies Tesco's could deliver, not even Dry Roasted Peanuts (can't find them anywhere in Melbourne!!) Of course the advantage being the lack of calorie intake and the (hopeful) result of a toned beach bod at the end!!

Archived