Applying for ACS with half IT degree

User Name

Hi all,

I have completed a Bachelor of Mathematics and Computing course from UTS here in Sydney. My course is half IT and half maths hence its more of a "half IT degree". In my 2006 course handbook it stated that it was professionally accredited by ACS, now the handbook says its accredition is "Associate".

Do you guys think it'll be an issue? I am planning to apply as a Computing Professionals – Applications and Analyst Programmer

In my course I did about 5-6 programming subjects but by transcript doesnt describe them explicitly. I am worried that given the half the content of my course is non-IT they will reject me.

I have no idea how strict ACS is when it comes to judging this issue. Is this really a problem or is it just me being paranoid?

Thanks for looking at it.

How much relavent work experience do you have?

Hi all,

I have completed a Bachelor of Mathematics and Computing course from UTS here in Sydney. My course is half IT and half maths hence its more of a "half IT degree". In my 2006 course handbook it stated that it was professionally accredited by ACS, now the handbook says its accredition is "Associate".

Do you guys think it'll be an issue? I am planning to apply as a Computing Professionals – Applications and Analyst Programmer

In my course I did about 5-6 programming subjects but by transcript doesnt describe them explicitly. I am worried that given the half the content of my course is non-IT they will reject me.

I have no idea how strict ACS is when it comes to judging this issue. Is this really a problem or is it just me being paranoid?

Thanks for looking at it.

Guest IslandStyle

That's correct. For Group A you need at least 4 years professional experience.

I am also planning to do my skills assessment with ACS and also have a 'mixed' degree - I studied Computer Engineering which is basically a combination of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science. It's not an exact 50/50 split though. I also completed my Honours in Computer Engineering but took Computer Science subjects.

For this reason, I requested full curriculum- and individual module detail as well as my academic transcript for both degrees. I do not want to leave any doubt in the hands of whoever looks at my skills assessment application so I tried to get as much academic detail as possible.

Good luck - I will let you know how it went.

Archived