I'm currently in oz Melbourne on the wifes 457 (she's a nurse) her company are sponsoring her for PR. My question is - I've got an interview tomorrow for a job in brisbane, I know they're going to ask about visa's etc. So what I do. Do I

1, Ask if they would sponsor me putting the visa in my name PR or 457, is it a done thing to ask at interview stage

2, Say nothing hope her PR gets sorted & do a runner from her company (they expect 3 years service for supporting PR)

3, See if she can be moved through work

4, Just get another hospital to pick up her 457 visa

another thing is my cv says 'I have full working rights to live and work in Australia. My permanent residency will be granted within the next 12 months' - this is true for Melbourne but it got left in when applying out of state.

any help / others experience would be appreciated

I don't know how to play it best.

cheers

Guest Toomers
I'm currently in oz Melbourne on the wifes 457 (she's a nurse) her company are sponsoring her for PR. My question is - I've got an interview tomorrow for a job in brisbane, I know they're going to ask about visa's etc. So what I do. Do I

1, Ask if they would sponsor me putting the visa in my name PR or 457, is it a done thing to ask at interview stage

2, Say nothing hope her PR gets sorted & do a runner from her company (they expect 3 years service for supporting PR)

3, See if she can be moved through work

4, Just get another hospital to pick up her 457 visa

another thing is my cv says 'I have full working rights to live and work in Australia. My permanent residency will be granted within the next 12 months' - this is true for Melbourne but it got left in when applying out of state.

any help / others experience would be appreciated

I don't know how to play it best.

cheers

I dont have any answers to your questions, however one thing I will say that really bothered me was

"2, Say nothing hope her PR gets sorted & do a runner from her company (they expect 3 years service for supporting PR)"

I hope I have got it wrong and the reason you feel this way is because your wife's employer is difficult ect.. however with me and many others willing to work for the same employer for as long as it takes to get PR or even just get into Oz, I feel (and I hope I'm wrong) if people who get sponsored run away from their commitments then this will only go on to make it even more difficult for others to be sponsored... employers will just shy away from this option..:arghh:

Guest yindavies

To anyone who can help

I am presently waiting for my 457 visa to come through. We are a family of 6 on the visa. Question - my 19 year old daughter is on the visa but will not be finishing university until June. Does she have to initially fly out with us to validate visa and if so can she come back after two weeks. Again if this is the case how long as she got before she makes final move before losing her visa?

I hope this makes sense.

Archived