Broadband in Nicholls ACT?

Guest fleagle

Guest fleagle

Hi everyone

There are numerous threads about broadband here and I've taken everyone's advice on board. However, for example, Optus can't give us what we want which is:

a broadband connection strong enough to allow us to watch UK streaming on the PC.

I've got a prepaid wireless mobile dongle thing which is great for email, internet, Skype etc but 3.6Mbps is not proving good enough to watch the TV.

If anybody is in Nicholls or knows somebody who is, which broadband provider could you recommend and what sort of speed do you get?

Hope you can help! :biggrin:

This map seems to give you a bit of an idea ADSL2+ Broadband for CRACE (ACT) Exchange. Search and compare broadband Internet plans for ADSL, ADSL2, Naked DSL

A good forum to check is the whirlpool forums and ask on there for what is a good provider. If you can get internode (and the map seems to imply you can) then a lot of folk seem to find them quite good

• 1 year later...
Hi everyone

There are numerous threads about broadband here and I've taken everyone's advice on board. However, for example, Optus can't give us what we want which is:

a broadband connection strong enough to allow us to watch UK streaming on the PC.

I've got a prepaid wireless mobile dongle thing which is great for email, internet, Skype etc but 3.6Mbps is not proving good enough to watch the TV.

If anybody is in Nicholls or knows somebody who is, which broadband provider could you recommend and what sort of speed do you get?

Hope you can help! :biggrin:

Hi

I can see this is quite an old post and I wondered if you ever had any success with your Internet connection issues. We are about to move into Nicholls and I'm so confused about what's available with regard to Internet/TV services.

Thanks

Hi

I can see this is quite an old post and I wondered if you ever had any success with your Internet connection issues. We are about to move into Nicholls and I'm so confused about what's available with regard to Internet/TV services.

Thanks

It would be a good idea to check out http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/67?g=46 - this is the Transact site but people on there are generally quite knowledgeable about other connections in the region. I think, on balance, I would probably be avoiding Transact and probably heading for internode or iinet from all accounts - if your area is accessible

Guest fleagle
Hi

Thanks

No, we're not really happy with the connection we've got. We went with Telstra in the end and it's not a super-fast connection, not good enough to watch online TV really, and cuts out a lot. We got the broadband elite thing.

Also, they don't offer very many GBs - not enough for my household anyway - and the service always gets slowed towards the end of the month which is a killer. We're in a 2 year contract otherwise I'd definitely try another provider... although I'm not sure who that would be. If you find a good one let us know!! :biggrin:

Archived