176 Visa - Victoria State Sponsorship!

Guest Guest18443

Guest Guest18443

Happy New Year to you all,

I haven't been on here for a while, because of one thing and another!

However, our Migration Agent, changed our 175 Visa to a 176 Visa back in October and applied to the State of Victoria (that's where we want to go). My OH is a Panel Beater/Vehicle Assessor (Estimator).

However, to date, we have not heard a response! :arghh:

Is this usual? It's been almost 2 months! :confused:

Anyone out there who could answer my questions would be much appreciated. :hug:

Guest VickyMel

Hi Hoo

You might like to take a look through this thread on Victoria SS

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/65713-vic-state-sponsered-update.html

it will give you an idea of how Victoria operate their SS applications.

Basically you should double check that you have got a transaction number "SS-2009-?????" as historically a couple of applications did not get lodged on their system. Then Victoria usually send out an email (maybe to your agent) saying expect a wait of 8-12 weeks...

Victoria work on a system where they have an Industrial Panel look through the applications and CVs and make a decision following this.

The 8-12 weeks is just a guide - if you look in the above thread you will see some people hear quickly some take longer than 12 weeks - ours took 16 weeks. It looks as if it depends on when the industrial panel for your occupation sits.

Good luck with your application.

VickyMel

Guest Guest18443
Hi Hoo

You might like to take a look through this thread on Victoria SS

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/65713-vic-state-sponsered-update.html

it will give you an idea of how Victoria operate their SS applications.

Basically you should double check that you have got a transaction number "SS-2009-?????" as historically a couple of applications did not get lodged on their system. Then Victoria usually send out an email (maybe to your agent) saying expect a wait of 8-12 weeks...

Victoria work on a system where they have an Industrial Panel look through the applications and CVs and make a decision following this.

The 8-12 weeks is just a guide - if you look in the above thread you will see some people hear quickly some take longer than 12 weeks - ours took 16 weeks. It looks as if it depends on when the industrial panel for your occupation sits.

Good luck with your application.

VickyMel

Hi Vicky

Our Application was sent on 23rd September 2009. Some 15 weeks ago!

Our application number is as above and our Agent hasn't heard anything either way at the moment.

We hope to hear some good news shortly and like you get excited when things start moving!!

Claire

Hi Vicky

Our Application was sent on 23rd September 2009. Some 15 weeks ago!

Our application number is as above and our Agent hasn't heard anything either way at the moment.

We hope to hear some good news shortly and like you get excited when things start moving!!

Claire

Mine took 14 weeks for a positive response, and I've heard of others that took longer, there's nothing wrong with asking your agent to check the status with Vic, although they usually just say "its being considered by an industry pannel".

Archived